Need some advice on reformatting - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Need some advice on reformatting - Hewlett Packard ; About a year ago I had some problems with my system. I had an extended warranty and was urged to get the recovery disks from HP. Which I did and they worked fine. At the time, I could call the ...

  1. Need some advice on reformatting

    About a year ago I had some problems with my system.
    I had an extended warranty and was urged to get the recovery disks
    from HP. Which I did and they worked fine.
    At the time, I could call the help place and the tech walked me
    through the process of reformatting the disk and reinstalling the
    operating system.

    I have been looking online for a good instruction set to follow, but I
    haven't found one that tells what I think I need to know.

    I did try to use f1 and make the cd-rom the boot source. Then I put
    the first (of eight) cd in the machine, but windows opened up,
    ignorring the cd-rom as boot source. So, I am thinking that I need to
    reformat the disk and then try to reinstall the software.

    Any help you can give is appreciated

    Thanks

  2. Re: Need some advice on reformatting

    You probably just need to set the CD as the first boot source.
    -Jake

+ Reply to Thread