    news:1113600408.456975.232170@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    Date: 15 Apr 2005 14:26:48 -0700

    I had to reload a Pavilion 532n for a friend who lost their
    recovery cd's. What video driver does this thing use. HP gives no
    clue as to what video driver to use. I found references to nvidia
    and tried their driver with no luck.

    Thanks for any help in advance.

    Well if you have DirectX installed (you can find it under Windows
    Update). Then you can Start -> Run and type in dxdiag and then see what
    kind of video card you have.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within Word 2000

  3. Re: HP 532n What Video Chipset?

    That only pulls the info that device manager already has. My pc is
    using vga.dll so it does not know what video chipset it has.

  4. Re: HP 532n What Video Chipset?

    Date: 18 Apr 2005 13:31:18 -0700

    That only pulls the info that device manager already has. My pc
    is using vga.dll so it does not know what video chipset it has.

    Sounds like it is time to pop the covers off.

    Cheers!

    Bill (using a HP Pavilion AMD 1.2GHZ under Windows 2000)
    -- written and edited within WordStar 5.0

  5. Re: HP 532n What Video Chipset?

    Nvidia nforce 420D.
    If you go to the HP site and type in "Pavilion 532n" and choose the product
    specification, you will be able to print out the complete specs for that
    machine. Very helpful in doing a complete restore--I just got done scouring
    the internet to restore my Pavilion.

    wrote in message
    news:1113600408.456975.232170@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
    >I had to reload a Pavilion 532n for a friend who lost their recovery
    > cd's. What video driver does this thing use. HP gives no clue as to
    > what video driver to use. I found references to nvidia and tried their
    > driver with no luck.
    >
    > Thanks for any help in advance.

+ Reply to Thread