HP D530u Problem - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP D530u Problem - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to into sleep mode. What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor ...

  1. HP D530u Problem

    Hi,

    I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
    into sleep mode.

    What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
    screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
    mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
    again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.

    Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

    Adrian

  2. Re: HP D530u Problem

    "sleep mode" may not be an accurate description of these symptoms. When a
    system goes to "sleep", it can be awakened again to a usable state.

    The problem could well be a corrupted or incorrectly set-up version of Windows,
    which fails to start up properly for one reason or another. Can you start the
    system in safe mode (F5 key)? If so, then the problem surely is faulty
    software. If not, then the problem may be hardware (an overheating problem?) or
    software... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:12:49 GMT, Adrian Dady wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
    >into sleep mode.
    >
    >What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
    >screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
    >mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
    >again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.
    >
    >Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.
    >
    >Adrian

  3. Re: HP D530u Problem

    Although you seem to think the problem is with the Moniter, it's
    probablyy not. Just to make sure however, try using another moniter on
    the system.
    -Jake

    Orginal Message by Adrian Dady:

    Hi,
    I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
    into sleep mode.

    What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
    screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
    mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
    again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.

    Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

    Adrian

  4. Re: HP D530u Problem

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:12:49 GMT, Adrian Dady wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a HP D530u, the problem that I'm having is the monitor goes to
    > into sleep mode.
    >
    > What happens is this the PC goes through POST and the Windows splash
    > screen appears, about two seconds later the monitor goes into sleep
    > mode, and will not power back on unless you switch the PC off and on
    > again. However, the moitor goes back into sleep mode again.
    >
    > Any ideas on what's wrong or how to fix this problem.

    Did you make any changes to your video card (which video card)? Have you
    tried a different monitor or video card?

    I do not know if your D530u is even remotely related to my a530n. But
    when I installed a hotter video card, my PC would not even POST until I
    installed a more capable power supply (Antec SmartPower 350). Apparently
    HP's 250w rated PSU could not even handle half of that (the Antec with
    that video card only used 125w max AC input at wall outlet).

    But it is impossible to tell from here if you have a video card or driver
    problem or power problem. Can you get Windows to boot in Safe mode?

+ Reply to Thread