toner cartridge - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on toner cartridge - Hewlett Packard ; Greetings. I just bought a (genuine) (HP) toner cartridge (96A) for my LJ 2100. We don't print very very much and the last time I did this was three years ago. I have looked carefully all over the box and ...

  1. toner cartridge

    Greetings. I just bought a (genuine) (HP) toner cartridge (96A) for my
    LJ 2100. We don't print very very much and the last time I did this was
    three years ago.

    I have looked carefully all over the box and what I don't see is an
    expiration (or 'use before') date. Didn't they use to have that info?

    The only thing I can find that is at all individualised is a code number
    printed on with a dot-matrix look to it. It says 4J18M2. Is that just a
    serial number, or does it convey an expiration date as well?

    TIA.

    cheers,

    Henry

  2. Re: toner cartridge

    On 1-Apr-2005, henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote:

    > Greetings. I just bought a (genuine) (HP) toner cartridge (96A) for my
    > LJ 2100. We don't print very very much and the last time I did this was
    > three years ago.
    >
    > I have looked carefully all over the box and what I don't see is an
    > expiration (or 'use before') date. Didn't they use to have that info?

    HP manual quotes for storage + use 2.5 years.

  3. Re: HP 96A toner cartridge

    wrote:

    > On 1-Apr-2005, henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote:
    >
    > > Greetings. I just bought a (genuine) (HP) toner cartridge (96A) for my
    > > LJ 2100. We don't print very very much and the last time I did this was
    > > three years ago.
    > >
    > > I have looked carefully all over the box and what I don't see is an
    > > expiration (or 'use before') date. Didn't they use to have that info?

    > HP manual quotes for storage + use 2.5 years.

    Well and good; thanks. But how do you know when the 'storage' period
    began?

    cheers,

    Henry

  4. Re: HP 96A toner cartridge

    On 1-Apr-2005, henry999@eircom.net (Henry) wrote:

    > Well and good; thanks. But how do you know when the 'storage' period
    > began?

    The (authentic) HP manual doesn't say. I guess it starts at date of
    manufacture, there are usually some codes on the cartridge, that I
    guess only HP can decode.

  5. Re: toner cartridge

    "Henry" wrote in message
    > Greetings. I just bought a (genuine) (HP) toner cartridge (96A) for my
    > LJ 2100. We don't print very very much and the last time I did this was
    > three years ago.
    >
    > I have looked carefully all over the box and what I don't see is an
    > expiration (or 'use before') date. Didn't they use to have that info?

    At one time the LaserJet cartridges had a limited lifetime warranty, good until
    the original HP toner was depleted. The 96A warranty information is available
    from
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...SeriesId=70570.

    Regards,