eliminating the IE Explorer HP redirect .... - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on eliminating the IE Explorer HP redirect .... - Hewlett Packard ; even though you change the home page in Internet Explorer you will find that it still bounces the browser to an HP redirect page which must be doing some facts gathering. although I am against this type of invasion I ...

  1. eliminating the IE Explorer HP redirect ....

    even though you change the home page in Internet Explorer you will find
    that it still bounces the browser to an HP redirect page which must be
    doing some facts gathering. although I am against this type of invasion
    I guess I could live with except that many times when I connect the
    browser it will delay at startup anywhere from negligible to a long wait
    before my actual home page initiates. if you hit stop while its in this
    waiting mode you will see the page that appears in the address bar comes
    up is the HP redirect page. so, its a double insult because of their
    invasion of privacy and slow internet startup because its hanging on the
    HP server.

    any one know how to get rid of it. looked around a bit in the registry
    but basically for most things, without direct instructions, that is over
    my head and I can't find any other file where this might be. any
    suggestions???

    here's the page it sends me to:
    http://redirect.paviliondownload.com...tml?VER=3U&URL

  2. Re: eliminating the IE Explorer HP redirect ....

    "dscotts" wrote in message
    > even though you change the home page in Internet Explorer you will find
    > that it still bounces the browser to an HP redirect page which must be
    > doing some facts gathering. although I am against this type of invasion
    > I guess I could live with except that many times when I connect the
    > browser it will delay at startup anywhere from negligible to a long wait
    > before my actual home page initiates. if you hit stop while its in this
    > waiting mode you will see the page that appears in the address bar comes
    > up is the HP redirect page. so, its a double insult because of their
    > invasion of privacy and slow internet startup because its hanging on the
    > HP server.
    >
    > any one know how to get rid of it. looked around a bit in the registry
    > but basically for most things, without direct instructions, that is over
    > my head and I can't find any other file where this might be. any
    > suggestions???
    >
    > here's the page it sends me to:

    http://redirect.paviliondownload.com...tml?VER=3U&URL

    Please take an aspirin and relax. The HP Pavilion is going to an update the
    system page. It is no more invasive than having the system go to the
    Microsoft update site. It is done to eliminate you from having to remember
    to update to the newest drivers and program updates. It can in many case be
    disabled in the registry via the "0" or "1" or in MSCONFIG via the
    unchecking the box in the startup tab.

    Relax, the world is not trying to spy on you. Just remember the US
    Government has the technology to watch you at home having fun with your love
    one. Through walls no less. The satellite can also pin point you on a street
    corner and even find you in your auto. So having your computer update its
    self is small in comparison.

    Elector

+ Reply to Thread