HP LJ 8150N: Unable to adjust LEFT MARGIN - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP LJ 8150N: Unable to adjust LEFT MARGIN - Hewlett Packard ; We are unable to print via any application before an apparently FIXED LEFT MARGIN. We are trying to determine if this is a setting, hardware, communication or software problem or combination of. But oddly enough we have the same printer ...

  1. HP LJ 8150N: Unable to adjust LEFT MARGIN

    We are unable to print via any application before an apparently
    FIXED LEFT MARGIN.

    We are trying to determine if this is a setting, hardware, communication
    or software problem or combination of. But oddly enough we have the same
    printer but NOT connected to our mainframe and the problem doesnt exist.

    Only thing I have found so far is a PCL command/Escape sequence
    to SET THE LEFT MARGIN. But we would like to be able to make this
    a permanent setting.

    any ideas or suggestions or web sites
    would be deeply appreciated

    TIA

    George Lewycky
    NYC Transit
    Brooklyn NYC
    gelewyc@nyct.com

  2. Re: HP LJ 8150N: Unable to adjust LEFT MARGIN

    On 21 Jul 2004 13:53:41 -0700, george lewycky wrote:

    >We are unable to print via any application before an apparently
    >FIXED LEFT MARGIN.
    >
    >We are trying to determine if this is a setting, hardware, communication
    >or software problem or combination of. But oddly enough we have the same
    >printer but NOT connected to our mainframe and the problem doesnt exist.
    >
    >Only thing I have found so far is a PCL command/Escape sequence
    >to SET THE LEFT MARGIN. But we would like to be able to make this
    >a permanent setting.
    >
    >any ideas or suggestions or web sites
    >would be deeply appreciated
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >George Lewycky
    >NYC Transit
    >Brooklyn NYC
    >gelewyc@nyct.com

    You say that you have two HP LJ 8150 printers. One of these is connected
    a mainframe( IBM ? ), and has a problem with the left margin. The other LJ
    8150
    does not have a problem.

    Swap the two printers. If the problem moves, it is the printer. If it
    does not, you
    have a configuration problem. The configuration may be wrong either in the
    mainframe's printer driver, or in the setup of whatever application is
    running on
    the mainframe.

    If this is the N model, you are probably using an internal JetDirect card.
    You
    should only swap the printers, leave the JetDirects at their original
    locations. This
    will save you time changing settings for you network printing.

    Aidan Grey

+ Reply to Thread