Drivers - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Drivers - Hewlett Packard ; I need video driver for HP Pavilion 7919 - Display Adapter, is it called? The display is stuck on 640 x 480 - no option is given for changing it - 'Change' is grayed out! The board is Asus A7V-ML ...

  1. Drivers

    I need video driver for HP Pavilion 7919 - Display Adapter, is it
    called?
    The display is stuck on 640 x 480 - no option is given for changing
    it - 'Change' is grayed out!
    The board is Asus A7V-ML 1.09
    HP is trying to help - they are very efficient in replying to
    emails! - but even they have not yet managed anything!
    Many thanks - there must be a solution somewhere!!!

    --
    All messages scanned with AVG

    ---

  2. Re: Drivers

    "kenite" wrote in message news:HtOJc.203$Sg5.95@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
    > I need video driver for HP Pavilion 7919 - Display Adapter, is it
    > called?
    > The display is stuck on 640 x 480 - no option is given for changing
    > it - 'Change' is grayed out!
    > The board is Asus A7V-ML 1.09
    > HP is trying to help - they are very efficient in replying to
    > emails! - but even they have not yet managed anything!
    > Many thanks - there must be a solution somewhere!!!
    >
    > --

    Try going into the Device Manager and removing the driver for the Display Adapter
    if it is shown. Then let the driver reinstall on the next reboot.

    If that doesn't work, identify the hardware used either with Device Manager or by
    pulling out the AGP card and looking at the main chip on the card. Then search the
    internet for drivers to install. It'll be some common, cheap piece of hardware.

    Good luck,
    Dave

  3. Re: Drivers

    David Kinsell wrote:

    > "kenite" wrote in message news:HtOJc.203$Sg5.95@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
    > > I need video driver for HP Pavilion 7919 - Display Adapter, is it
    > > called?
    > > The display is stuck on 640 x 480 - no option is given for changing
    > > it - 'Change' is grayed out!
    > > The board is Asus A7V-ML 1.09
    > > HP is trying to help - they are very efficient in replying to
    > > emails! - but even they have not yet managed anything!
    > > Many thanks - there must be a solution somewhere!!!
    > >
    > > --

    > Try going into the Device Manager and removing the driver for the
    > Display Adapter if it is shown. Then let the driver reinstall on the
    > next reboot.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, identify the hardware used either with Device
    > Manager or by pulling out the AGP card and looking at the main chip on
    > the card. Then search the internet for drivers to install. It'll be
    > some common, cheap piece of hardware.
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Dave

    'Alternatively' (read: you should have done this in the first place):
    Go to HP's site and check what's available there.

    Since you, the OP, didn't bother to mention which OS and display
    adapter you have, I don't know if the display driver for *your*
    OS/adapter is on HP's site, but there *are* some for Windows XP and ME:

    http://www.hp.com -> Support & Drivers -> * Download drivers and
    software for product "Pavilion 7919" (without quotes) -> select
    Microsoft Windows XP, ME or 98.

+ Reply to Thread