cannot get pass logon screen in C180 HP-UX - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on cannot get pass logon screen in C180 HP-UX - Hewlett Packard ; Finally booted my C180 with the help of members on this list. The next problem which i should have expected, but did'nt... now i am presented with the graphical logon screen. I basically picked this up so obviously i have ...

  1. cannot get pass logon screen in C180 HP-UX

    Finally booted my C180 with the help of members on this list. The next
    problem which i should have expected, but did'nt... now i am presented with
    the graphical logon screen. I basically picked this up so obviously i have
    no account or password. Is there any known way to bypass this, like maybe a
    guest account or something, or do i have to reinstall the system. Any help
    appreciated

    --
    http://QLiner.com

    The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

  2. Re: cannot get pass logon screen in C180 HP-UX

    stewart allen wrote:
    > Finally booted my C180 with the help of members on this list. The next
    > problem which i should have expected, but did'nt... now i am presented with
    > the graphical logon screen. I basically picked this up so obviously i have
    > no account or password. Is there any known way to bypass this, like maybe a
    > guest account or something, or do i have to reinstall the system. Any help
    > appreciated

    See the comp.sys.hp.hpux FAQ on how to boot in single user mode. When
    in single user mode, you are root and can just change/set the root
    password. (HP-UX has no default root password because that would be a
    severe security risk.)

    If you need more help, please re-direct to comp.sys.hp.hpux.

+ Reply to Thread