HP Pavilion Memory Speed? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion Memory Speed? - Hewlett Packard ; I am considering acquiring a Pavilion zt3000 with a 2.0 MHz Pentium-M CPU (Centrino chipset). I would like to outfit it with 2x1GB memory SODIMMs, but the ones HP offers are quite pricey. I figure it would be much cheaper ...

  1. HP Pavilion Memory Speed?

    I am considering acquiring a Pavilion zt3000 with a 2.0 MHz Pentium-M CPU
    (Centrino chipset). I would like to outfit it with 2x1GB memory SODIMMs,
    but the ones HP offers are quite pricey. I figure it would be much cheaper
    to buy them elsewhere. There are a lot of DDR266 MHz memory modules
    advertised on the Web for attractive prices, and the only description I can
    find of zt3000 memory specifies this speed.

    But perhaps with the 2.0 GHz processor, one really needs the 333 MHz memory.
    Or does it make any difference?

    Can anyone enlighten me on this question?

    TNX

  2. Re: HP Pavilion Memory Speed?

    In my experience it would be well worth your while to stick with HP
    memory VIZ
    1 it will work well
    2 it will remain compatible for the foreseeable future with future
    software and hardware.

    Cheaper is often false economy.
    Regards

    In message , Willy Nilly
    writes

    --
    Alex McFarlane

  3. Re: HP Pavilion Memory Speed?

    Thanks for the feedback. I have always been a believer in the old adage,
    "Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten."

    However, with the HP memory costing three to four times the street price of
    Viking memory, it just takes a lot longer to forget the price! :-)

    "Alex McFarlane" wrote in message
    > In my experience it would be well worth your while to stick with HP
    > memory VIZ
    > 1 it will work well
    > 2 it will remain compatible for the foreseeable future with future
    > software and hardware.
    >
    > Cheaper is often false economy.
    > Regards
    >

    > In message , Willy Nilly
    > writes
    > >I am considering acquiring a Pavilion zt3000 with a 2.0 MHz Pentium-M CPU
    > >(Centrino chipset). I would like to outfit it with 2x1GB memory SODIMMs,
    > >but the ones HP offers are quite pricey. I figure it would be much

    cheaper
    > >to buy them elsewhere. There are a lot of DDR266 MHz memory modules
    > >advertised on the Web for attractive prices, and the only description I

    can
    > >find of zt3000 memory specifies this speed.
    > >
    > >But perhaps with the 2.0 GHz processor, one really needs the 333 MHz

    memory.
    > >Or does it make any difference?
    > >
    > >Can anyone enlighten me on this question?
    > >
    > >TNX
    > >

    > --
    > Alex McFarlane

+ Reply to Thread