Repair Parts fpr HP Photosmart 945 Digicam ? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Repair Parts fpr HP Photosmart 945 Digicam ? - Hewlett Packard ; I have a defekt display (SANYO) in my HP 945 digicam. Is it possible to by a new one ? wbr Bruno...

  1. Repair Parts fpr HP Photosmart 945 Digicam ?

    I have a defekt display (SANYO) in my HP 945 digicam.

    Is it possible to by a new one ?

    wbr
    Bruno

  2. Re: Repair Parts fpr HP Photosmart 945 Digicam ?

    Bruno Hirsnik wrote:
    > I have a defekt display (SANYO) in my HP 945 digicam.

    Which? The one in the viewfinder, or the larger one on the back?

    > Is it possible to by a new one ?

    If it is, you would find it at http://partsurfer.hp.com/ otherwise if
    the camera is still under warrantee and the defect is not the result
    of camera abuse you should go ahead and go that route.

    You might also contact HP through official channels for time and
    material repairs if the unit is out of warrantee - although the
    "repair" mode might be to replace the camera.

    If there is no part listed on partsurfer (and I have to say I suspect
    there is not) it implies that replacing just the display may be a
    triffle, well, involved. Certainly not for the faint of heart. You'd
    have to find some other source for the display and replace it yourself
    - preferably only if the camera is out of warrantee as I am sure any
    user servicing of that sort would void the warrantee.

    And if all else fails, you could replace the 945 - either with a new
    945 as it seems to remain on the HP pricelist, or you might find one
    on eBay or the like.

    rick jones
    thinking of upgrading my 812 to an R707
    feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH...

+ Reply to Thread