HP 58 Photo Cartridge - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 58 Photo Cartridge - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, Does any kind soul out there have a spare storage clip (small grey plastic thing that comes with the 58 cartridge) that they would be willing to let me have? I have broken mine and am needing a replacement ...

  1. HP 58 Photo Cartridge

    Hi,

    Does any kind soul out there have a spare storage clip (small grey plastic
    thing that comes with the 58 cartridge) that they would be willing to let me
    have? I have broken mine and am needing a replacement but I can't seem to
    get them without buying the cartridge as well.
    It is only the clip I want, not the cartridge.

    Thanks,
    Doug

  2. Re: HP 58 Photo Cartridge

    Doug wrote:
    > Does any kind soul out there have a spare storage clip (small grey
    > plastic thing that comes with the 58 cartridge) that they would be
    > willing to let me have? I have broken mine and am needing a
    > replacement but I can't seem to get them without buying the
    > cartridge as well. It is only the clip I want, not the cartridge.

    Have you tried a bit of model glue? (To put the clip back together
    that is, not on the printhead

    On the off chance there is an HP part number on the remains of your
    clip, you could try partsurfer.hp.com.

    rick jones
    feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH...

  3. Re: HP 58 Photo Cartridge

    Thanks Rick,

    Tried partsurfer with no luck and the HP support guy that I phoned didn't
    have much hope for me either. Can't see a part number on it... perhaps
    others have one with it on?

    Doug
    "Rick Jones" wrote in message
    > Doug wrote:
    > > Does any kind soul out there have a spare storage clip (small grey
    > > plastic thing that comes with the 58 cartridge) that they would be
    > > willing to let me have? I have broken mine and am needing a
    > > replacement but I can't seem to get them without buying the
    > > cartridge as well. It is only the clip I want, not the cartridge.

    > Have you tried a bit of model glue? (To put the clip back together
    > that is, not on the printhead
    >
    > On the off chance there is an HP part number on the remains of your
    > clip, you could try partsurfer.hp.com.
    >
    > rick jones
    > --
    > a wide gulf separates "what if" from "if only"
    > these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway...
    > feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH...

  4. Re: HP 58 Photo Cartridge

    Doug wrote:
    > Tried partsurfer with no luck and the HP support guy that I phoned didn't
    > have much hope for me either. Can't see a part number on it... perhaps
    > others have one with it on?

    I wasn't sure there would be one, I couldn't remember one way or the
    other on the ones I've at home (all on cartridges, sorry).

    I guess that leaves the model glue Related to that, years ago the
    door hinge (plastic of course) on a CD player boombox I had broke.
    These sorts of things were still rather expensive back then, and I
    ended-up fixing it with a bit of glue and some thin plastic from an
    old credit card (IIRC) that I used as a splint...

    rick
    feel free to post, OR email to raj in cup.hp.com but NOT BOTH...

+ Reply to Thread