hp laptops - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp laptops - Hewlett Packard ; Dear All, Is this a ng for Hewlett Packard laptops or am I lurking in the wrong group? -- Alex McFarlane...

  1. hp laptops

    --
    Alex McFarlane

  2. Re: hp laptops

    "Alex McFarlane" wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    > Is this a ng for Hewlett Packard laptops or am I lurking in the wrong
    > group?
    > --
    > Alex McFarlane

    You could post here or at news:comp.sys.hp or news:comp.sys.hp.hardware

    Elector

  3. Re: hp laptops

    Elector wrote:

    > "Alex McFarlane" wrote in message
    > > Dear All,
    > > Is this a ng for Hewlett Packard laptops or am I lurking in the wrong
    > > group?
    > > --
    > > Alex McFarlane

    > You could post here or at news:comp.sys.hp or news:comp.sys.hp.hardware

    Please do not use comp.sys.hp. It is obsolete since February 2, 1994,
    so it's probably time to *really* let it rest! :-)

    For the OP: This is the list of comp.sys.hp* groups and their one-line
    charters:

    >comp.sys.hp.apps Discussion of software and apps on all HP platforms.
    >comp.sys.hp.hardware Discussion of Hewlett Packard system hardware.
    >comp.sys.hp.hpux Issues pertaining to HP-UX & 9000 series computers.
    >comp.sys.hp.misc Issues not covered in any other comp.sys.hp.* group.
    >comp.sys.hp.mpe Issues pertaining to MPE & 3000 series computers.
    >comp.sys.hp48 Hewlett-Packard's HP48 and HP28 calculators.

  4. Re: hp laptops

    OK here goes:

    I have a HP laptop
    It is an Omnibook xe3i model F2342WT. It has a 600MHz celeron processor
    and 128Mb memory, OS Win 98SE.

    It is two years old. When it was only six months old I noticed that the
    battery when fully charged would only last 15 minutes or so instead of
    the 1 hour when I first got it. I remember speaking to someone at hp
    support who gave me a routine over the phone (I think going into the
    setup screen at boot up) which restored the battery time to an hour or
    so.

    The laptop has just started playing up again in the same way, and I
    can't remember what I did! Can anyone help, please?

    Regards

    In message <40da7d17$0$138$1b2cd167@news.wanadoo.nl>, Frank Slootweg
    writes
    >Elector wrote:
    >>
    >> "Alex McFarlane" wrote in message
    >> > Dear All,
    >> > Is this a ng for Hewlett Packard laptops or am I lurking in the wrong
    >> > group?
    >> > --
    >> > Alex McFarlane

    >> You could post here or at news:comp.sys.hp or news:comp.sys.hp.hardware

    > Please do not use comp.sys.hp. It is obsolete since February 2, 1994,
    >so it's probably time to *really* let it rest! :-)
    >
    > For the OP: This is the list of comp.sys.hp* groups and their one-line
    >charters:
    >
    >>comp.sys.hp.apps Discussion of software and apps on all HP platforms.
    >>comp.sys.hp.hardware Discussion of Hewlett Packard system hardware.
    >>comp.sys.hp.hpux Issues pertaining to HP-UX & 9000 series computers.
    >>comp.sys.hp.misc Issues not covered in any other comp.sys.hp.* group.
    >>comp.sys.hp.mpe Issues pertaining to MPE & 3000 series computers.
    >>comp.sys.hp48 Hewlett-Packard's HP48 and HP28 calculators.

    --
    Alex McFarlane

  5. Re: hp laptops

    Alex McFarlane wrote:
    > OK here goes:
    >
    > I have a HP laptop
    > It is an Omnibook xe3i model F2342WT. It has a 600MHz celeron processor
    > and 128Mb memory, OS Win 98SE.
    >
    > It is two years old. When it was only six months old I noticed that the
    > battery when fully charged would only last 15 minutes or so instead of
    > the 1 hour when I first got it. I remember speaking to someone at hp
    > support who gave me a routine over the phone (I think going into the
    > setup screen at boot up) which restored the battery time to an hour or
    > so.
    >
    > The laptop has just started playing up again in the same way, and I
    > can't remember what I did! Can anyone help, please?

    I have a different laptop (OmniBook 6200) and different Windows
    version (XP Professional), so this may not apply, but ...

    In the "Control Panel" I have "Power Options". One of the tabs of
    "Power Options" is "HP Battery Optimizer", which does what you describe.

    I hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread