HP VECTRA VEi8 BIOS Update - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP VECTRA VEi8 BIOS Update - Hewlett Packard ; Dear All, HP have descontinued this model and ended the supply of new bios for it... I'm looking for a new and guaranteed bios that could put this computer runing 80GB HD. If there is anyone who have or now ...

  1. HP VECTRA VEi8 BIOS Update

    Dear All,

    HP have descontinued this model and ended the supply of new bios for it...

    I'm looking for a new and guaranteed bios that could put this computer
    runing 80GB HD.

    If there is anyone who have or now from where I can get such bios, please
    reply.

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Best regards,

    Fernando Sousa

  2. Re: HP VECTRA VEi8 BIOS Update

    Your best choice is to add a 3rd party PCI card with its own hard disk BIOS.
    Promise is the best known brand. SIIG still makes these cards. There are other
    brands, too.

    If HP does not supply a BIOS update, then it is extremely likely nobody else has
    done so either... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:35:32 +0100, "Fernando J. Pelicano de Sousa"
    wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >
    >HP have descontinued this model and ended the supply of new bios for it...
    >
    >I'm looking for a new and guaranteed bios that could put this computer
    >runing 80GB HD.
    >
    >If there is anyone who have or now from where I can get such bios, please
    >reply.
    >
    >Thank you very much in advance.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >Fernando Sousa