Problem printing A5 booklet - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Problem printing A5 booklet - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, Having printed A5 booklets for years now on my old printer HP5650, I can't understand why the following happens. Printing A5 booklets on the HP 7310 causes the page to be truncated on the L.H. side (as though for ...

  1. Problem printing A5 booklet

    Hi,
    Having printed A5 booklets for years now on my old printer HP5650, I can't
    understand why the following happens. Printing A5 booklets on the HP 7310
    causes the page to be truncated on the L.H. side (as though for a ring bind)
    In print preview it even shows a ring bind. How do I stop this? I am working
    with MS Publisher A5 booklet on A4 landscape.
    TIA
    --
    John the West Ham fan
    house.trained@virgin.net

  2. Re: Problem printing A5 booklet

    housetrained wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Having printed A5 booklets for years now on my old printer HP5650, I
    > can't understand why the following happens. Printing A5 booklets on the
    > HP 7310 causes the page to be truncated on the L.H. side (as though for
    > a ring bind) In print preview it even shows a ring bind. How do I stop
    > this? I am working with MS Publisher A5 booklet on A4 landscape.
    > TIA

    Hi John
    I have just posted a problem with printing A5 sized booklets on A4
    landscape paper. I can't get the page setup and the print setup to agree
    on portrait/landscape settings. If I manage to get a two sided
    agreement then sy in a 16 page boolklet the front cover is pges 1 and
    16, printed on the otherside are pages 2 and 17, BUT 2 and 17 come out
    upside down as though the binding was top or bottom, not left side.
    Have you had this problem ? Can you tell me what settings you use
    please? Very shortly I shall be doing the print run a pair of pages at a
    time !!!
    I'm using PagePlus X3 and an HP5400dn (auto-duplexer, slow but useful)

    Thanks
    Red

  3. Re: Problem printing A5 booklet

    housetrained wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Having printed A5 booklets for years now on my old printer HP5650, I
    > can't understand why the following happens. Printing A5 booklets on the
    > HP 7310 causes the page to be truncated on the L.H. side (as though for
    > a ring bind) In print preview it even shows a ring bind. How do I stop
    > this? I am working with MS Publisher A5 booklet on A4 landscape.
    > TIA

    Sorry - posted a reply in the wrong place - see 16/10/2008 for full verbal
    Am also having booklet problems - whatprinter settings did you use when
    successful, and have you changed anything ?
    Red

+ Reply to Thread