Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network throw Director - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network throw Director - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I have an Officejet 7310 connected throw a network to 5 pc. I've installed all the Hp sotware, drivers and fixes. All the pc have limited user accounts on Windows XP sp2. The problem is we cannot use Director ...

  1. Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network throw Director

    Hello, I have an Officejet 7310 connected throw a network to 5 pc.
    I've installed all the Hp sotware, drivers and fixes.

    All the pc have limited user accounts on Windows XP sp2.

    The problem is we cannot use Director to scan. It says Director cannot
    communicate with the device.
    As Administrator I can use Director but not as limited user.

    At first we couldn't even print being limited users (logging as
    administrator the 7310 would start printing all the documents at
    once).
    Anyway I've solved it thanks to a post found here using the ip address
    instead of the device network name in the printer properties.

    If I start the scanning procedure from the device itself it works and
    it sends the document to the requested pc but not the opposite.

    Is there a solution? Is it possible that a big company, as Hp is,
    coundn't think limited account users need to scan over a network?

    Thank you.

    Ataru

  2. Re: Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network t

    Well...can you try to use the same fix you used for the printer with
    the scanner. You might be able to if it appears in Scanners and
    Cameras from the Control Panel. You should give it a shot, and if it
    doesn't work, we'll try something else.

    Stevo

  3. Re: Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network t

    As a rule, HP does not do software for its cheaper PSC devices to allow scanning
    from one computer connected to the scanner's computer via the network. It is
    possible that a workaround could be found, but we're dealing with an age-old
    problem here... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:58:08 -0000, no@spam.invalid (Stevo) wrote:

    >Well...can you try to use the same fix you used for the printer with
    >the scanner. You might be able to if it appears in Scanners and
    >Cameras from the Control Panel. You should give it a shot, and if it
    >doesn't work, we'll try something else.
    >
    >Stevo

  4. Re: Hp 7310 - Limited user cannot communicate over network t

    Well, over the network is possible to scan if you are not a limited
    user, so power users and administrators can actually scan over the
    network.
    I'd like to solve the limited user issue with HP Director.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread