LaserJet 4100TN - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on LaserJet 4100TN - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I have a LaserJet 4100TN printer on the lan with ip address 192.168.1.106. This printer is a member of Windows Server 2003 SBS. When I try to print from client workstations selecting tray 2 as the paper source, the ...

  1. LaserJet 4100TN

    Hello,

    I have a LaserJet 4100TN printer on the lan with ip address
    192.168.1.106.

    This printer is a member of Windows Server 2003 SBS.

    When I try to print from client workstations selecting tray 2 as the
    paper source, the actual source being used is tray 3.

    I have reset the printer to factory defaults, it didn't help.

    In printer configuration setting, I found that tray 1 an 3 size is
    Letter. However, tray 2 size is custom. I was looking to change the
    size of tray 2, I didn't find a way to do it.

    There is one message pops up in the control panel stating that
    maintenance is needed, but I was told this message pops up after a
    certain number of pages are printed.

    Also, up until 2 weeks ago the tray 2 was working fine.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: LaserJet 4100TN

    Roman wrote:

    > I have a LaserJet 4100TN printer on the lan with ip address
    > 192.168.1.106.
    >
    > This printer is a member of Windows Server 2003 SBS.
    >
    > When I try to print from client workstations selecting tray 2 as the
    > paper source, the actual source being used is tray 3.
    >
    > I have reset the printer to factory defaults, it didn't help.
    >
    > In printer configuration setting, I found that tray 1 an 3 size is
    > Letter. However, tray 2 size is custom. I was looking to change the
    > size of tray 2, I didn't find a way to do it.

    Normally, that's changed at the control panel of the printer. However,
    pull out tray 2 and see that the sliding stops haven't been moved when
    paper was added. The printer can detect those through switches.

    > There is one message pops up in the control panel stating that
    > maintenance is needed, but I was told this message pops up after a
    > certain number of pages are printed.

    Yes, if it's printing okay you can ignore that. (Or clear it, but let's
    do one thing at a time.)

    > Also, up until 2 weeks ago the tray 2 was working fine.

    My guess is that the stops were moved, or the fingers that hit sensors
    in the printer are obstructed or maybe even broken.

  3. Re: LaserJet 4100TN

    On Mar 8, 4:25 pm, Warren Block wrote:
    > Roman wrote:
    > > I have a LaserJet 4100TN printer on the lan with ip address
    > > 192.168.1.106.

    > > This printer is a member of Windows Server 2003 SBS.

    > > When I try to print from client workstations selecting tray 2 as the
    > > paper source, the actual source being used is tray 3.

    > > I have reset the printer to factory defaults, it didn't help.

    > > In printer configuration setting, I found that tray 1 an 3 size is
    > > Letter. However, tray 2 size is custom. I was looking to change the
    > > size of tray 2, I didn't find a way to do it.

    > Normally, that's changed at the control panel of the printer. However,
    > pull out tray 2 and see that the sliding stops haven't been moved when
    > paper was added. The printer can detect those through switches.
    >
    > > There is one message pops up in the control panel stating that
    > > maintenance is needed, but I was told this message pops up after a
    > > certain number of pages are printed.

    > Yes, if it's printing okay you can ignore that. (Or clear it, but let's
    > do one thing at a time.)
    >
    > > Also, up until 2 weeks ago the tray 2 was working fine.

    > My guess is that the stops were moved, or the fingers that hit sensors
    > in the printer are obstructed or maybe even broken.
    >
    > --
    > Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

    Yes... I moved the blue lever all the way back and now it is working.

    Thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread