I transferred some photos off my cell phone onto a Sandisk flash memory
card. I can insert it into my HP Officjet 7310xi All-in-One and the
photos come up on the printer's LCD screen and can print out from
there, but I've not had any luck on transferring them from the chip to
my Mac (running OS X).

The HP Device Manager (Image Capture) software on my Mac says it
doesn't see it. ("No Image Capture device connected.")

Anyone have any tips on how to get HP's own software to pick up and
recognize its own hardware? (I have no problem printing to the 7310xi,
so obviously it is seeing it for printing purposes.)

Thanks in advance!