laptop display looking weird after connecting to TV via s-video out - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on laptop display looking weird after connecting to TV via s-video out - Hewlett Packard ; Hey, I have a pavillion zv6000 with an ATI video card, and the s-video output worked fine, after I made some changes in the ATI configuration for the display options.(I think I had to enable the "tv out" option, or ...

  1. laptop display looking weird after connecting to TV via s-video out

    Hey, I have a pavillion zv6000 with an ATI video card, and the s-video
    output worked fine, after I made some changes in the ATI configuration
    for the display options.(I think I had to enable the "tv out" option,
    or something of the sort.

    My issue is that now, my laptop display looks weird, like it should be
    in a 14" display, but since it is a 15.4" it looks less sharp and kind
    of stretched.

    Anyone had a similar issue?? PLEASE???

    thanks in advance,

    Lukas

  2. Re: laptop display looking weird after connecting to TV via s-videoout

    > My issue is that now, my laptop display looks weird, like it should be
    > in a 14" display, but since it is a 15.4" it looks less sharp and kind
    > of stretched.

    As far as my understanding goes, setting output to TV out reduces
    resolution. and since LCD interpolates "half-pixels" unlike CRT
    this results in "blur". Did you actuslly check what resolution does
    your graphic run now?

    Rambo

  3. Re: laptop display looking weird after connecting to TV via s-video out

    "Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski" wrote in message
    news:20070306230654.ebd5fccf.m_roguski@yahoo.com.. .
    >> My issue is that now, my laptop display looks weird, like it should be
    >> in a 14" display, but since it is a 15.4" it looks less sharp and kind
    >> of stretched.

    > As far as my understanding goes, setting output to TV out reduces
    > resolution. and since LCD interpolates "half-pixels" unlike CRT
    > this results in "blur". Did you actuslly check what resolution does
    > your graphic run now?
    >
    > Rambo

    Exactly right. You might want to look at the BIOS where you might find a
    "stretch/don't stretch" option. Then you get a sharp, but smaller, imagine
    on your LCD. To give an example, my Compaq has a great 1024x768 display but
    when connected to a TV, the display switches to 800x600 which is stretched
    and looks very poor indeed! Some PCs go down as far as 640 x 480 when
    connected to a TV.

    Paul DS.

+ Reply to Thread