Advice on printer/scanner/fax please - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Advice on printer/scanner/fax please - Hewlett Packard ; I have a small office and i currently have a dedicated fax line, but nowadays this seems redundant as most people send emails. I want to move the printer/scanner/fax machine onto the main phone line. I'm looking for an all ...

  1. Advice on printer/scanner/fax please

    I have a small office and i currently have a dedicated fax line, but
    nowadays this seems redundant as most people send emails. I want to
    move the printer/scanner/fax machine onto the main phone line. I'm
    looking for an all in one that will distinguish when a call comes in
    whether it's a fax or voicecall. Faxes then get printed out and
    voicecalls go to the phone handset (either integral or attached). Many
    machines claim to do this but in truth they don't. With most you have
    to manually lift the reciever and if it's a fax you manually start the
    fax. With Brother machines it picks up, then distinguishes, but
    voicecalls won't go through to a answerphone (as the call has
    "already" been answered. However....

    I've been told that the HP5610, 6180 and 7180 all do what I want. Can
    anybody confirm this? (esp. the 5610 as it's the cheapest!)

    Peter

  2. Re: Advice on printer/scanner/fax please

    I can not confirm this, but I can give you a bit of advice about
    'all-in-ones.' I do not recommend purchasing one because when
    something breaks, everything has to be replaced and in your situation
    it would be much cheaper just to leave a fax machine on the fax line
    and use a phone for the voice line. Just to be fair, I must say that
    there are less wires with an all-in-one.

    My $.02

    Stevo

+ Reply to Thread