ati mobility drivers - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on ati mobility drivers - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know if it's possible to update the drivers for the ati mobility radeon x600 installed in my pavilion zd8369ea? The drivers that came pre-installed are dated 08/03/2005. Can I install the latest Catalyst drivers? The Amd/ati site has ...

  1. ati mobility drivers

    Does anyone know if it's possible to update the drivers for the ati mobility
    radeon x600 installed in my pavilion zd8369ea? The drivers that came
    pre-installed are dated 08/03/2005.

    Can I install the latest Catalyst drivers? The Amd/ati site has v7.2
    mobility drivers but doesn't list HP as a supported manufacturer
    (http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html).

  2. Re: ati mobility drivers

    All you can do is try. But what is the problem you are trying to solve by
    updating the drivers? ... Ben Myers

    On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:21:20 -0000, "The DA"
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it's possible to update the drivers for the ati mobility
    >radeon x600 installed in my pavilion zd8369ea? The drivers that came
    >pre-installed are dated 08/03/2005.
    >
    >Can I install the latest Catalyst drivers? The Amd/ati site has v7.2
    >mobility drivers but doesn't list HP as a supported manufacturer
    >(http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html).

  3. Re: ati mobility drivers

    "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    > All you can do is try. But what is the problem you are trying to solve by
    > updating the drivers? ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:21:20 -0000, "The DA"
    >
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know if it's possible to update the drivers for the ati
    >>mobility
    >>radeon x600 installed in my pavilion zd8369ea? The drivers that came
    >>pre-installed are dated 08/03/2005.
    >>
    >>Can I install the latest Catalyst drivers? The Amd/ati site has v7.2
    >>mobility drivers but doesn't list HP as a supported manufacturer
    >>(http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html).

    I'd read that the latest drivers gave significant performance improvements
    in certain games.

    HP got back to me with a download link and it's allowed me to update to
    drivers from 09/2006. Better than before but not bang-up-to-date.

  4. Re: ati mobility drivers

    "The DA" wrote in message

    > "Ben Myers" wrote in message
    >> All you can do is try. But what is the problem you are trying to solve
    >> by
    >> updating the drivers? ... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:21:20 -0000, "The DA"
    >>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know if it's possible to update the drivers for the ati
    >>>mobility
    >>>radeon x600 installed in my pavilion zd8369ea? The drivers that came
    >>>pre-installed are dated 08/03/2005.
    >>>
    >>>Can I install the latest Catalyst drivers? The Amd/ati site has v7.2
    >>>mobility drivers but doesn't list HP as a supported manufacturer
    >>>(http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/mobility-xp.html).
    >>>

    > I'd read that the latest drivers gave significant performance improvements
    > in certain games.
    >
    > HP got back to me with a download link and it's allowed me to update to
    > drivers from 09/2006. Better than before but not bang-up-to-date.

    I'm using a Gateway with ATI's drivers instead of Gateways. Works fine for
    me (running Vista Home Premium with Aero). I'd fore-go the Catalyst Control
    Center unless you really need some heavy duty tweaking.

    Art

+ Reply to Thread