HP DIMMs - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP DIMMs - Hewlett Packard ; Group; My son in law got 4 matched DIMMs for HP Vectra and can't use them (proprietary). Part 1818-6799. Can anyone use them? Best offer. Doug...

  1. HP DIMMs

    Group;

    My son in law got 4 matched DIMMs for HP Vectra and can't use them
    (proprietary). Part 1818-6799.

    Can anyone use them? Best offer.

    Doug

  2. Re: HP DIMMs

    Doug,

    A quick search on the net reveals that these are 64MB ECC registered DIMMs,
    which rarely play nice in a generic motherboard. Very few generic motherboards
    were designed to work with either ECC or non-ECC DIMMs... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 08:08:23 -0600, "Doug Holtz" wrote:

    >Group;
    >
    >My son in law got 4 matched DIMMs for HP Vectra and can't use them
    >(proprietary). Part 1818-6799.
    >
    >Can anyone use them? Best offer.
    >
    >Doug

  3. Re: HP DIMMs

    On the seventh day, Ben Myers wrote...

    > A quick search on the net reveals that these are 64MB ECC registered DIMMs,
    > which rarely play nice in a generic motherboard. Very few generic motherboards
    > were designed to work with either ECC or non-ECC DIMMs... Ben Myers

    not to speak of registered.

    Christian Dürrhauer

    Use soft words in hard arguments.
    H. G. Bohn, 1855