zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby - Hewlett Packard ; Hi all, I have a HP Pavilion zt3350EA and have recently started having a few problems. The first is that since I formatted it from XP Home to XP Pro SP2, whenever I put the Laptop into Sleep mode and ...

  1. zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby

    Hi all,

    I have a HP Pavilion zt3350EA and have recently started having a few
    problems. The first is that since I formatted it from XP Home to XP Pro
    SP2, whenever I put the Laptop into Sleep mode and then wake it up, it wakes
    up and boots as though it had been shut down. The second is that the system
    Blue Screens with the message saying that Windows was shutdown to prevent
    damage etc. when I try to access a file on an SD Card using the built in
    slot.

    I've spoken to my colleague (PC Technician) and he says it sounds like fauly
    memory. I've got MemTest86 v3.2 running on it at the moment (10 minutes
    walltime so far) to check for errors, but is there anything else it could
    be?

    Thanks,

    Neil :-)

  2. Re: zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby

    Can nobody help me?

  3. Re: zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby

    Neil Barras wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a HP Pavilion zt3350EA and have recently started having a few
    > problems. The first is that since I formatted it from XP Home to XP Pro
    > SP2, whenever I put the Laptop into Sleep mode and then wake it up, it wakes
    > up and boots as though it had been shut down. The second is that the system
    > Blue Screens with the message saying that Windows was shutdown to prevent
    > damage etc. when I try to access a file on an SD Card using the built in
    > slot.

    If it's only Blue Screening when you're working with the SD card, it
    could be a corrupted driver. Have you tried downloading the card reader
    driver from HP?

    > I've spoken to my colleague (PC Technician) and he says it sounds like fauly
    > memory. I've got MemTest86 v3.2 running on it at the moment (10 minutes
    > walltime so far) to check for errors, but is there anything else it could
    > be?

    It's unusual to actually get an error in MemTest in only a few minutes.
    You'll want to let the memory heat up, because this is when errors are
    more likely to occur. At work, I consider 1.5-2 hours to be acceptable.
    At home, when I'm overclocking a system, it has to run the tests for,
    at least, 24 hours before I'll declare it stable.

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Neil :-)

  4. Re: zt3350EA Blue Screen Shutdown and No Standby

    > If it's only Blue Screening when you're working with the SD card, it could
    > be a corrupted driver. Have you tried downloading the card reader driver
    > from HP?

    I couldn't find the SD Card drive listed for my Laptop on the HP site, so I
    downloaded one from DriverGuide.com as it was rated to be highly compatible
    with the Winbond SD readers for Windows XP.

    > It's unusual to actually get an error in MemTest in only a few minutes.
    > You'll want to let the memory heat up, because this is when errors are
    > more likely to occur. At work, I consider 1.5-2 hours to be acceptable.
    > At home, when I'm overclocking a system, it has to run the tests for, at
    > least, 24 hours before I'll declare it stable.

    I left it going for about 6 hours and 45 minutes in total before I had to
    shut down to go to sleep. It had gone through 20 passes without errors.

    It's lead me to confusion...

+ Reply to Thread