Hi - do you know how much GB can go in a HP ZD7000 please? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Hi - do you know how much GB can go in a HP ZD7000 please? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I am going to get a HP ZD7000 - i want as much memory as possible but do not know what the max is? I have called HP but i did not get an answer...can someone kindly let me ...

  1. Hi - do you know how much GB can go in a HP ZD7000 please?

    Hi,

    I am going to get a HP ZD7000 - i want as much memory as possible but
    do not know what the max is?

    I have called HP but i did not get an answer...can someone kindly let
    me know or point me in the right direction please?

    thanks guys (and girls)

    Steve

  2. Re: Hi - do you know how much GB can go in a HP ZD7000 please?

    According to the ZD7000 service manual available on-line at the HP web site, the
    max is 2GB, consisting of 2x1GB PC2700 (333MHz) SODIMMs. To get to the maximum
    amount of memory, you may have to replace the SODIMMs presently in the system.

    Having the service manual on-line represents a positive turn of events for
    owners of HP systems. For many years, HP did not provide much, if any,
    information on-line about service and maintenance of its computers. For HP
    desktops, service is pretty much a no-brainer. For a notebook, one always has
    to figure out the precise steps in disassembly or run the risk of breaking
    fragile plastic parts... Ben Myers

    On 13 Dec 2006 01:52:16 -0800, "steve.howlett@gmail.com"
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >

    >I am going to get a HP ZD7000 - i want as much memory as possible but
    >do not know what the max is?
    >
    >I have called HP but i did not get an answer...can someone kindly let
    >me know or point me in the right direction please?
    >
    >thanks guys (and girls)
    >

    >Steve

  3. Re: Hi - do you know how much GB can go in a HP ZD7000 please?

    Search for ZD7000 support on the HP web site. Then click around. That's what
    I did. No need to use the phone, even... Ben Myers

    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >

    >I am going to get a HP ZD7000 - i want as much memory as possible but
    >do not know what the max is?
    >
    >I have called HP but i did not get an answer...can someone kindly let
    >me know or point me in the right direction please?
    >
    >thanks guys (and girls)
    >

    >Steve

+ Reply to Thread