Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner? - Hewlett Packard ; I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for one black and one color cartridge. If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of printing out a document in ...

  1. Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?

    I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for
    one black and one color cartridge.
    If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of
    printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the
    exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black
    button on the Printer for starting the print operation?
    Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color,
    keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I
    to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation?
    Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of instructions for handling different
    situations of this type?

    P. Jayant

  2. Re: Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?

    "p jayant" wrote in message
    news:1165461834.374155.111140@j44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for
    > one black and one color cartridge.
    > If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of
    > printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the
    > exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black
    > button on the Printer for starting the print operation?
    > Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color,
    > keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I
    > to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation?
    > Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of instructions for handling different
    > situations of this type?
    >
    > P. Jayant

    What does the owners manual say?

    Honu.

  3. Re: Are both color and black cartridges necessary for HP 1400 Printer Scanner?

    Hertz_Donut wrote:
    > "p jayant" wrote in message
    > news:1165461834.374155.111140@j44g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > >I am a user of HP 1400 Printer cum Scanner which provides two slots for
    > > one black and one color cartridge.
    > > If the color cartridge has dried up and I am urgently in need of
    > > printing out a document in black, can I print in black keeping the
    > > exhasted color cartridge in the cradle? Have I to press the Black
    > > button on the Printer for starting the print operation?
    > > Similarly if the black cartridge has dried up, can I print in color,
    > > keeping the exhausted black cartridge in the cradle as a dummy? Have I
    > > to press the Color Button on the Printer to start operation?
    > > Why doesn't HP provide a Manual of instructions for handling different
    > > situations of this type?
    > >
    > > P. Jayant
    > >

    > What does the owners manual say?

    I have already pointed out that HP gave no Manual along with the
    Printer/Scanner; only an installation disk, the driver on which was
    already outdated. I had to download the latest.

    P. Jayant

    > Honu.

+ Reply to Thread