taking apart hp n3350 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on taking apart hp n3350 - Hewlett Packard ; hi, i hope you can help. of course i dont have backups and my n3350 wont boot unless the power cord is hold in a particular way so i figure that the internal connector is loose. i have taken out ...

  1. taking apart hp n3350

    hi,

    i hope you can help. of course i dont have backups and
    my n3350 wont boot unless the power cord is hold in a particular way so
    i figure that the internal connector is loose. i have taken out all the
    screws i can see, (2 short silver, 10 short black, 1 tall silver from
    the hd), yet when i try to pry the case apart, it seems stuck and i dont
    want to damage. any hints/suggestions?

    thanks and i appreciate your time,
    peter

  2. Re: taking apart hp n3350

    i looked on line for service manuals but didnt find one...just user manuals.
    peter

  3. Re: taking apart hp n3350

  4. Re: taking apart hp n3350

    wilburt wrote:
    > Have you checked this page?
    > http://search.hp.com/query.html?char...+3350&oc=20974

    hi Wilbert,
    not that page exactly but got to the same place. they have "setup" and
    "most recent info" manuals but nothing i saw was about disassembly.
    i am afraid of braeking something internal if i just pry it open...any
    other suggestions?
    peter

  5. Re: taking apart hp n3350

    peter wrote:
    the issue ended up being the "spring" not contacting the "ring" part of
    the power cord.

    thanks for your comments.
    peter

  6. Re: taking apart hp n3350

    peter wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > i hope you can help. of course i dont have backups and
    > my n3350 wont boot unless the power cord is hold in a particular way so
    > i figure that the internal connector is loose. i have taken out all the
    > screws i can see, (2 short silver, 10 short black, 1 tall silver from
    > the hd), yet when i try to pry the case apart, it seems stuck and i dont
    > want to damage. any hints/suggestions?
    >
    > thanks and i appreciate your time,
    > peter

    Remove the plastic cover at the top of the keyboard, then remove the
    keyboard. The screw that is still holding your computer together is
    under the keyboard.

+ Reply to Thread