scsi 1/8 hp autoloader + mylex acceleraid 170 (linux) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on scsi 1/8 hp autoloader + mylex acceleraid 170 (linux) - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, I have some problems trying to make an 1/8 autoloader work on linux. It is connected to a Mylex acceleraid 170 RAID controller. I use a test PC with a double boot (Windows/Linux): the autoloader works well on Windows, ...

  1. scsi 1/8 hp autoloader + mylex acceleraid 170 (linux)

    Hi,

    I have some problems trying to make an 1/8 autoloader work on linux. It
    is connected to a Mylex acceleraid 170 RAID controller. I use a test PC
    with a double boot (Windows/Linux): the autoloader works well on
    Windows, but it is not fully recognized on Linux.
    Linux sees this:

    # cat /proc/rd/c0/current_status
    ***** DAC960 RAID Driver Version 2.5.47 of 14 November 2002 *****
    Copyright 1998-2001 by Leonard N. Zubkoff
    Configuring Mylex AcceleRAID 170 PCI RAID Controller
    Firmware Version: 6.00-01, Channels: 1, Memory Size: 64MB
    PCI Bus: 2, Device: 10, Function: 1, I/O Address: Unassigned
    PCI Address: 0xEB000000 mapped at 0xF087E000, IRQ Channel: 169
    Controller Queue Depth: 512, Maximum Blocks per Command: 2048
    Driver Queue Depth: 511, Scatter/Gather Limit: 128 of 257 Segments
    Physical Devices:
    0:5 Vendor: HP Model: Ultrium 2-SCSI Revision: S54W
    Wide Synchronous at 160 MB/sec
    Serial Number: HU105434YL
    0:7 Vendor: MYLEX Model: AcceleRAID 170 Revision: 0600
    Wide Synchronous at 160 MB/sec
    Serial Number:
    Logical Drives:
    No Rebuild or Consistency Check in Progress

    The PC can see the autoloader, however, the directory /proc/scsi is not
    created, and the program hp_ltt doesn't see anything.
    Can anybody tell me what's going wrong?
    Thank you very much,

    Giuliano

    P.S.
    I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup for my question.

  2. Re: scsi 1/8 hp autoloader + mylex acceleraid 170 (linux)

    "JSorel" wrote
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have some problems trying to make an 1/8 autoloader work on linux. It
    > is connected to a Mylex acceleraid 170 RAID controller.

    OK - stop there.

    You can't attach an Autoloader to a RAID controller. You need to use a
    supported 'standard' SCSI controller.

    RAID controller => not supported => no support, and almost certainly won't
    work anyway.

  3. Re: scsi 1/8 hp autoloader + mylex acceleraid 170 (linux)

    Jez T a écrit :

    > You can't attach an Autoloader to a RAID controller. You need to use a
    > supported 'standard' SCSI controller.
    >
    > RAID controller => not supported => no support, and almost certainly won't
    > work anyway.

    Ok, thank you. However it's strange... that works for Windows.
    We'll buy a standard SCSI controller.

    Thanks again,

    J.

+ Reply to Thread