Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi. The 800CS/CT models have an 80-way (4rowx20) Docking/SCSI port... does anyone have the pinout, please? I was wondering if the PS/2-style CLOCK and DATA signals were on there somewhere, since the docking-station itself has Mini-DIN connectors for external mouse ...

  1. Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout?

    Hi.
    The 800CS/CT models have an 80-way (4rowx20) Docking/SCSI port... does
    anyone have the pinout, please?
    I was wondering if the PS/2-style CLOCK and DATA signals were on there
    somewhere, since the docking-station itself has Mini-DIN connectors for
    external mouse & keyboard!
    Also, any ideas as to which (presumably far-Eastern) company made the
    connector?

    TIA for any help - Mark.

  2. Re: Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout?

    Still looking for this info - must be "Highly Classified"!

    crumpton69@googlemail.com wrote:
    > Hi.
    > The 800CS/CT models have an 80-way (4rowx20) Docking/SCSI port... does
    > anyone have the pinout, please?
    > I was wondering if the PS/2-style CLOCK and DATA signals were on there
    > somewhere, since the docking-station itself has Mini-DIN connectors for
    > external mouse & keyboard!
    > Also, any ideas as to which (presumably far-Eastern) company made the
    > connector?
    >
    > TIA for any help - Mark.

  3. Re: Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout?

    No. Unavailability of this sort of information is typical in the industry. The
    connector is proprietary, and the assumption by HP is that no company except HP
    would need to know this info... Ben Myers

    On 13 Dec 2006 11:32:39 -0800, crumpton69@googlemail.com wrote:

    >Still looking for this info - must be "Highly Classified"!
    >
    >crumpton69@googlemail.com wrote:
    >> Hi.
    >> The 800CS/CT models have an 80-way (4rowx20) Docking/SCSI port... does
    >> anyone have the pinout, please?
    >> I was wondering if the PS/2-style CLOCK and DATA signals were on there
    >> somewhere, since the docking-station itself has Mini-DIN connectors for
    >> external mouse & keyboard!
    >> Also, any ideas as to which (presumably far-Eastern) company made the
    >> connector?
    >>
    >> TIA for any help - Mark.

  4. Re: Omnibook 800 - Docking-port pinout info wanted! Pinout?

    crumpton69@googlemail.com wrote:

    > The 800CS/CT models have an 80-way (4rowx20) Docking/SCSI port... does
    > anyone have the pinout, please?

    Proprietary and unobtainable. Many of these high-density special
    connectors are made by Hirose, JAE or Yamaichi, sometimes AMP but I
    haven't seen that so much as heard about it.

    If you have the docking station, then open it and trace back the PS/2
    lines. It's very unlikely they just run back to the dock connector but
    if you're lucky there will only be filters and maybe a buffer in
    between.

+ Reply to Thread