HP9000 K260 server FLT codes - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP9000 K260 server FLT codes - Hewlett Packard ; Hi folks, I've been given a couple of rather ancient HP9000 K260 servers, each with a large rack of external SCSI drives, EIA cabinets, PDUs etc. When the first server is powered up, it goes through a couple of minutes ...

  1. HP9000 K260 server FLT codes

    Hi folks,

    I've been given a couple of rather ancient HP9000 K260 servers, each
    with a large rack of external SCSI drives, EIA cabinets, PDUs etc.

    When the first server is powered up, it goes through a couple of minutes
    of tests, and then cycles through the following messages on the front
    panel LCD:

    FLT 12BF
    CPU 2

    FLT 11BF
    CPU 1

    FLT 7500
    MEMORY

    It never gets as far as RUN. I have completely failed to track down any
    definition of these fault codes. Can anyone provide this information, or
    any further insite into the nature of the problem?

    The company that gave me the servers indicated that they were
    functional, but sometimes required boards to be re-seated. I have
    removed and re-seated both processor cards and the memory carrier
    (although not all the actual memory cards on it), with no change. Any
    other ideas of things to try?

    I understand these machines still have some resale value. Is there
    anyone in the London , UK are who buys these machines to break, or
    resell, or whatever - they're just too damn big to keep...

    Many thanks,

    PJ.

  2. Re: HP9000 K260 server FLT codes

    * PJ:

    [K260 servers]

    > I understand these machines still have some resale value.

    No, they don't. K class is obsolete for several years now, and most of
    them have already been retired. There is no demand for them any more,
    even not for the faster machines (K380), and certainly not for K260s.

    You can try to ebay them but don't expect more than a few bucks - if
    anyone bids at all...

    Benjamin

+ Reply to Thread