HP Laserjet 3050 - Unwanted Explorer window - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Laserjet 3050 - Unwanted Explorer window - Hewlett Packard ; After installing a new printer (HP Laserjet 3050 when I start my computer a Expolorer windows of the HP software folder shows up. How can I eliminate this window? I Use Windows XP SP2. I tried Msconfig but I cannot ...

  1. HP Laserjet 3050 - Unwanted Explorer window

    After installing a new printer (HP Laserjet 3050 when I start my
    computer a Expolorer windows of the HP software folder shows up. How
    can I eliminate this window? I Use Windows XP SP2. I tried Msconfig
    but I cannot figure our what program I have to uncheck.

    Txs,
    CarlosEW

  2. Re: HP Laserjet 3050 - Unwanted Explorer window

    CarlosWA wrote:
    > After installing a new printer (HP Laserjet 3050 when I start my
    > computer a Expolorer windows of the HP software folder shows up. How
    > can I eliminate this window? I Use Windows XP SP2. I tried Msconfig
    > but I cannot figure our what program I have to uncheck.
    >
    > Txs,
    > CarlosEW

    Im guessing the problem is you have 2 locations in your startup that are
    similar.
    For instance i had the same problem with a explorer window opening for
    c:\program files\ati. the problem was the ati control panel was located
    at C:\program files\ati technologies. windows saw the space and tried to
    find a directory called \ati first before moving on to find a directory
    called \ati technology.

    of course i had made a directory called ati to extract the exectutable
    into which is what windows found and loaded instead of my ati control panel.

    what is the name of the window that opens ?

  3. Re: HP Laserjet 3050 - Unwanted Explorer window

    C:\Program Files\HP

    Txs,
    Carlos

    On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:12:55 +0000, jeff wrote:

    >CarlosWA wrote:
    >> After installing a new printer (HP Laserjet 3050 when I start my
    >> computer a Expolorer windows of the HP software folder shows up. How
    >> can I eliminate this window? I Use Windows XP SP2. I tried Msconfig
    >> but I cannot figure our what program I have to uncheck.
    >>
    >> Txs,
    >> CarlosEW

    >Im guessing the problem is you have 2 locations in your startup that are
    >similar.
    >For instance i had the same problem with a explorer window opening for
    >c:\program files\ati. the problem was the ati control panel was located
    >at C:\program files\ati technologies. windows saw the space and tried to
    >find a directory called \ati first before moving on to find a directory
    >called \ati technology.
    >
    >of course i had made a directory called ati to extract the exectutable
    >into which is what windows found and loaded instead of my ati control panel.
    >
    >what is the name of the window that opens ?

+ Reply to Thread