HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge - Hewlett Packard ; Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the print cartridges even when brand new. I'm in the UK and bought a HP print cartridge (78). However when I installed it the magenta printed streaky as if it ...

  1. HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the print cartridges
    even when brand new.

    I'm in the UK and bought a HP print cartridge (78). However when I installed
    it the magenta printed streaky as if it had run out. I ran all the print
    tests and cleaning functions but the magenta still refused to print. Then
    with HP's instructions cleaned the head with a cotton bud but then the cyan
    was also found to develop the same fault.

    Found that the shop I got it from had closed down so contacted HP by email.
    They at first wouldn't believe there was any fault on a brand new cartridge.
    The support seems to come from somewhere like India and not the UK. They
    then asked me for the reference numbers on the cartridge and got back to me
    to say they would replace it. All went quiet though.

    Two months later I remainded them by email that I hadn't heard anything but
    they insisted that there was no trace of it. I then emailed the former
    emails but was then told that the cartridge was out of date so couldn't be
    replaced. This was despite it originally being within the warranty date when
    HP was first contacted. They told me that they didn't want to lose a
    customer and they would get someone to contact me to replace it. All gone
    quiet again!

    Now been told agin its out of warrenty. What a set of cretins. I think next
    time I'll deal with Epson when I next get a printer. HP has crap service and
    crap products to fail after spending 25 ($40) and not being replaced.

    A leaflet says: "Create more. Print even more. All on your HP printer"
    You've got to be kidding if the cartridges don't work!

  2. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    "Stephen" wrote in message
    > Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the print cartridges
    > even when brand new.
    >
    > I'm in the UK and bought a HP print cartridge (78). However when I
    > installed it the magenta printed streaky as if it had run out. I ran all
    > the print tests and cleaning functions but the magenta still refused to
    > print. Then with HP's instructions cleaned the head with a cotton bud but
    > then the cyan was also found to develop the same fault.
    >
    > Found that the shop I got it from had closed down so contacted HP by
    > email. They at first wouldn't believe there was any fault on a brand new
    > cartridge. The support seems to come from somewhere like India and not the
    > UK. They then asked me for the reference numbers on the cartridge and got
    > back to me to say they would replace it. All went quiet though.
    >
    > Two months later I remainded them by email that I hadn't heard anything
    > but they insisted that there was no trace of it. I then emailed the former
    > emails but was then told that the cartridge was out of date so couldn't be
    > replaced. This was despite it originally being within the warranty date
    > when HP was first contacted. They told me that they didn't want to lose a
    > customer and they would get someone to contact me to replace it. All gone
    > quiet again!
    >
    > Now been told agin its out of warrenty. What a set of cretins. I think
    > next time I'll deal with Epson when I next get a printer. HP has crap
    > service and crap products to fail after spending 25 ($40) and not being
    > replaced.
    >
    > A leaflet says: "Create more. Print even more. All on your HP printer"
    > You've got to be kidding if the cartridges don't work!

    You probably got a refilled cart from a less than reputable dealer, who went
    out of business. I bet you paid less than what a real HP 78 cart would
    cost. Live and learn. If you want the genuine article, but from a known
    good source.

    Honu

  3. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    "Hertz_Donut" wrote in message
    news:naqdnXx1oqBuQPrYnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...

    > "Stephen" wrote in message
    >> Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the print cartridges
    >> even when brand new.
    >>
    >> I'm in the UK and bought a HP print cartridge (78). However when I
    >> installed it the magenta printed streaky as if it had run out. I ran all
    >> the print tests and cleaning functions but the magenta still refused to
    >> print. Then with HP's instructions cleaned the head with a cotton bud but
    >> then the cyan was also found to develop the same fault.
    >>
    >> Found that the shop I got it from had closed down so contacted HP by
    >> email. They at first wouldn't believe there was any fault on a brand new
    >> cartridge. The support seems to come from somewhere like India and not
    >> the UK. They then asked me for the reference numbers on the cartridge and
    >> got back to me to say they would replace it. All went quiet though.
    >>
    >> Two months later I remainded them by email that I hadn't heard anything
    >> but they insisted that there was no trace of it. I then emailed the
    >> former emails but was then told that the cartridge was out of date so
    >> couldn't be replaced. This was despite it originally being within the
    >> warranty date when HP was first contacted. They told me that they didn't
    >> want to lose a customer and they would get someone to contact me to
    >> replace it. All gone quiet again!
    >>
    >> Now been told agin its out of warrenty. What a set of cretins. I think
    >> next time I'll deal with Epson when I next get a printer. HP has crap
    >> service and crap products to fail after spending 25 ($40) and not being
    >> replaced.
    >>
    >> A leaflet says: "Create more. Print even more. All on your HP printer"
    >> You've got to be kidding if the cartridges don't work!
    >>

    > You probably got a refilled cart from a less than reputable dealer, who
    > went out of business. I bet you paid less than what a real HP 78 cart
    > would cost. Live and learn. If you want the genuine article, but from a
    > known good source.

    Fortunately Honu your totally incorrect with your suggestion, and anyway you
    can spot refilled cartridges a mile off. It was the genuine article which
    has proved to be faulty and so far also proved that HP's warranty isn't
    worth the paper its written on.

    In fact the refilled cartridge may have been the better proposition as at
    least it would have probably worked, even if the ink dosn't come up to the
    HP standard.

  4. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    "Stephen" wrote in message
    > "Hertz_Donut" wrote in message
    > news:naqdnXx1oqBuQPrYnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...

    .................................................. ..................................I
    then emailed the
    >>> former emails but was then told that the cartridge was out of date so
    >>> couldn't be replaced. This was despite it originally being within the
    >>> warranty date when HP was first contacted. ....................

    What warranty are you referring to? The printer or the cartridge?

    What is the warranty on a cartridge? And what use by date was on the
    cartridge?

    cheers

  5. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    what you said "Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the
    print cartridges
    even when brand new."

    i had problems with hp also .. i calmed down and bought a canon printer

    paul

    "Stephen" wrote in message
    > Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the print cartridges
    > even when brand new.
    >
    > I'm in the UK and bought a HP print cartridge (78). However when I
    > installed it the magenta printed streaky as if it had run out. I ran all
    > the print tests and cleaning functions but the magenta still refused to
    > print. Then with HP's instructions cleaned the head with a cotton bud but
    > then the cyan was also found to develop the same fault.
    >
    > Found that the shop I got it from had closed down so contacted HP by
    > email. They at first wouldn't believe there was any fault on a brand new
    > cartridge. The support seems to come from somewhere like India and not the
    > UK. They then asked me for the reference numbers on the cartridge and got
    > back to me to say they would replace it. All went quiet though.
    >
    > Two months later I remainded them by email that I hadn't heard anything
    > but they insisted that there was no trace of it. I then emailed the former
    > emails but was then told that the cartridge was out of date so couldn't be
    > replaced. This was despite it originally being within the warranty date
    > when HP was first contacted. They told me that they didn't want to lose a
    > customer and they would get someone to contact me to replace it. All gone
    > quiet again!
    >
    > Now been told agin its out of warrenty. What a set of cretins. I think
    > next time I'll deal with Epson when I next get a printer. HP has crap
    > service and crap products to fail after spending 25 ($40) and not being
    > replaced.
    >
    > A leaflet says: "Create more. Print even more. All on your HP printer"
    > You've got to be kidding if the cartridges don't work!

  6. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    "Gingangooli" wrote in message

    > "Stephen" wrote in message
    >> "Hertz_Donut" wrote in message
    >> news:naqdnXx1oqBuQPrYnZ2dnUVZ_rqdnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...
    >>>

    > .................................................. .................................I
    > then emailed the

    > What warranty are you referring to? The printer or the cartridge?
    >
    > What is the warranty on a cartridge? And what use by date was on the
    > cartridge?

    The warranty I refer to is for the print cartridge.

    The warranty expiry date on the actual cartridge is six months after the
    install before date on the box it came in. The warranty says that its valid
    for six months after the install before date on the box.

    So if I first reported this to HP during April 2006 and the warranty expiry
    date on the cartridge is 30 June 2006 is was therefore well within the
    warranty period for replacement.

    HOWEVER HP STILL REFUSE TO REPLACE IT!!

    HP now tell me its out of warranty despite having first reported this well
    before the warranty expired. Bastards!!

  7. Re: HP Refuses To Replace Faulty New Print Cartridge

    "Paul" wrote in message
    news:yqiah.34883$OE1.8593@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com.. .
    > what you said "Beware of buying HP printers as HP refuse to replace the
    > print cartridges
    > even when brand new."
    >
    > i had problems with hp also .. i calmed down and bought a canon printer

    Actually Paul you're quite correct. I think my next printer is now going to
    be either Canon or Epson.

    Come to think about it I've now had problems with ALL the HP equipment I've
    got and HP have refused to give support in each case as follows;

    Printer - Brand new print cartridge failed to operate as faulty and HP
    refuse to replace. They now want me to phone one of their premium numbers to
    discuss a replacement the phone call of which will cost me more than the
    cartridge is worth and they still will probably say its now out of warranty!
    Is that legalised theft?!

    Film scanner - Bug in the XP scanning software (others also reported same on
    internet) that HP promised to rectify but now say they've withdrawn support
    before rectifying the bug.

    iPAQ Pocket PC - Side panel dropping off and others reported same problem
    with same model. HP say they won't replace them, even though some reported
    this during the warranty, but will sell you them at an over inflated price.

    The morale of this is not to touch HP products as their warranties aren't
    worth anything and certainly aren't honoured.

+ Reply to Thread