Real-life consumable cost for HP color laser printers - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Real-life consumable cost for HP color laser printers - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone have figures for any of the HP printers like model 2550? I print a newsletter for a non-profit group and we are considering going color but are concerned with the potential cost. TIA, Rich...

  1. Real-life consumable cost for HP color laser printers

    Does anyone have figures for any of the HP printers like model 2550?
    I print a newsletter for a non-profit group and we are considering
    going color but are concerned with the potential cost.

    TIA, Rich

  2. Re: Real-life consumable cost for HP color laser printers

    Rich wrote:

    > Does anyone have figures for any of the HP printers like model 2550?
    > I print a newsletter for a non-profit group and we are considering
    > going color but are concerned with the potential cost.
    >
    > TIA, Rich

    You can find the estimates for consumables on HP's web site.

    However, for real life numbers that pertain to your application, you will
    have to find out from experience. The cost of toner relates directly to the
    content of what you print. If your use of color is only a few highlighted
    words on a page, then the color toner will last a long time. If you print
    lots of full page photos, then you will use more color toner.

    The estimates on HP's site allow you to compare different HP printers. How
    they make the estimates is also explained.

  3. Re: Real-life consumable cost for HP color laser printers

    "Rich" wrote in message
    > Does anyone have figures for any of the HP printers like model 2550?
    > I print a newsletter for a non-profit group and we are considering
    > going color but are concerned with the potential cost.

    See http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/us/en/index.html for page yields
    for various HP printers.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging