Problems Rebotting - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Problems Rebotting - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, I am having problems rebotting my computer. I am getting the following message. "Rebot and select proper reboot device or insert boot media in selected boot media and press a key" What is a boot medio I can inset ...

  1. Problems Rebotting

    Hello,

    I am having problems rebotting my computer. I am getting the following
    message.

    "Rebot and select proper reboot device or insert boot media in selected
    boot media and press a key"

    What is a boot medio I can inset or proper reboot device? Is this the
    disk that comes with the computer?

    Any help would be appreciated

  2. Re: Problems Rebotting

    wrote in message
    news:1164294457.960569.319900@l12g2000cwl.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am having problems rebotting my computer. I am getting the following
    > message.
    >
    > "Rebot and select proper reboot device or insert boot media in selected
    > boot media and press a key"
    >
    > What is a boot medio I can inset or proper reboot device? Is this the
    > disk that comes with the computer?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated

    Since you did not list the hardware in question the advice is generic.
    The boot routine is looking for a boot record. The boot record
    can be on a floppy, cdrom, hard drive and in newer computers
    usb device or firewire device and in big machines tape drives. So
    something has happened to the boot record on your normal boot
    device and that is why you are getting that message.

    Please list hardware and OS's in question for better help.

    later,
    charles......

  3. Re: Problems Rebotting

    When you say hardware, or OS do you mean Microsoft XP?

    Javier
    ***** charles wrote:
    > wrote in message
    > news:1164294457.960569.319900@l12g2000cwl.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am having problems rebotting my computer. I am getting the following
    > > message.
    > >
    > > "Rebot and select proper reboot device or insert boot media in selected
    > > boot media and press a key"
    > >
    > > What is a boot medio I can inset or proper reboot device? Is this the
    > > disk that comes with the computer?
    > >
    > > Any help would be appreciated

    > Since you did not list the hardware in question the advice is generic.
    > The boot routine is looking for a boot record. The boot record
    > can be on a floppy, cdrom, hard drive and in newer computers
    > usb device or firewire device and in big machines tape drives. So
    > something has happened to the boot record on your normal boot
    > device and that is why you are getting that message.
    >
    > Please list hardware and OS's in question for better help.
    >
    > later,
    > charles......

  4. Re: Problems Rebotting

    "NC User" wrote in message
    news:1164298581.019140.73530@j44g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Javier
    > ***** charles wrote:
    > > wrote in message
    > > news:1164294457.960569.319900@l12g2000cwl.googlegr oups.com...
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I am having problems rebotting my computer. I am getting the

    following
    > > > message.
    > > >
    > > > "Rebot and select proper reboot device or insert boot media in

    selected
    > > > boot media and press a key"
    > > >
    > > > What is a boot medio I can inset or proper reboot device? Is this the
    > > > disk that comes with the computer?
    > > >
    > > > Any help would be appreciated

    > > Since you did not list the hardware in question the advice is generic.
    > > The boot routine is looking for a boot record. The boot record
    > > can be on a floppy, cdrom, hard drive and in newer computers
    > > usb device or firewire device and in big machines tape drives. So
    > > something has happened to the boot record on your normal boot
    > > device and that is why you are getting that message.
    > >
    > > Please list hardware and OS's in question for better help.
    > >
    > > later,
    > > charles....

    > When you say hardware, or OS do you mean Microsoft XP?

    Yes and the hardware of the computer involved, brand/model,
    motherboard, fd, hd, cdrom etc.....

    later.....

+ Reply to Thread