Raid 1+0 Disk distribution - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Raid 1+0 Disk distribution - Hewlett Packard ; Can someone help me out with this question ... Raid 1+0 on a smartarray 5i How is the Data distributed to disks ? 4 disks ... are the mirror's made in sequence ? like disk 0 disk 1 and then ...

  1. Raid 1+0 Disk distribution

    Can someone help me out with this question ...

    Raid 1+0 on a smartarray 5i

    How is the Data distributed to disks ?

    4 disks ... are the mirror's made in sequence ? like disk 0 disk 1 and
    then disk 2 and 3 then stripe ?

    or disk 0 and disk 2 and disk 1 and disk 3 then stripe ?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Raid 1+0 Disk distribution

    wrote
    > Can someone help me out with this question ...
    >
    > Raid 1+0 on a smartarray 5i
    >
    > How is the Data distributed to disks ?

    Disks 0 and 1 are stripe set without parity (RAID 0) and 2 & 3 are a mirror
    of 1 & 2.

    > 4 disks ... are the mirror's made in sequence ? like disk 0 disk 1 and
    > then disk 2 and 3 then stripe ?

    No.

    > or disk 0 and disk 2 and disk 1 and disk 3 then stripe ?

    No

    > Thanks in advance

    YW

+ Reply to Thread