HP Notebook Power Supply Question - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Notebook Power Supply Question - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, everyone! I have a HP Compaq Presario B1900 notebook and just bought a HP spare power supply from a local hardware store. However, the spare power supply is not the same model as the bundled one (The output voltage ...

  1. HP Notebook Power Supply Question

    Hi, everyone!

    I have a HP Compaq Presario B1900 notebook and just bought a HP spare
    power supply from a local hardware store. However, the spare power
    supply is not the same model as the bundled one (The output voltage is
    the same: 18.5V. But the electric plug into the notebook is a little
    bit different, the length of the spare one is slightly longer than the
    bundled one's). Will there be any problem if I use the spare power
    supply I bought?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: HP Notebook Power Supply Question

    Check the output current too, but I think it should be fine. If output
    current and voltage both match, and the plug fits, it'll work without
    any problems; not sure how much of a difference a different current
    will make.

+ Reply to Thread