HP Deskjet 450 - Prints blank pages but Demo page from toolkit prints fine - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Deskjet 450 - Prints blank pages but Demo page from toolkit prints fine - Hewlett Packard ; Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out. Tried downloading latest ...

  1. HP Deskjet 450 - Prints blank pages but Demo page from toolkit prints fine

    Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment
    pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other
    applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out.
    Tried downloading latest drivers with same results?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: HP Deskjet 450 - Prints blank pages but Demo page from toolkit prints fine

    If the printer is connnected to a parallel port, check the cable connection at
    both ends. If the printer is attached to a network via an external JetDirect,
    check both the parallel cable and the Cat 5 network cable. When a printer is
    not properly connected, the data being printed tends to disappear down a black
    hole.

    The demo and alignment pages are printed from the printer control panel itself,
    no? I forget. It's been maybe 18 months since I set up one of these.

    .... Ben Myers

    On 8 Nov 2006 09:01:59 -0800, rickdowd@gmail.com wrote:

    >Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment
    >pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other
    >applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out.
    >Tried downloading latest drivers with same results?
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks,

  3. Re: HP Deskjet 450 - Prints blank pages but Demo page from toolkit prints fine

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > If the printer is connnected to a parallel port, check the cable connection at
    > both ends. If the printer is attached to a network via an external JetDirect,
    > check both the parallel cable and the Cat 5 network cable. When a printer is
    > not properly connected, the data being printed tends to disappear down a black
    > hole.
    >
    > The demo and alignment pages are printed from the printer control panel itself,
    > no? I forget. It's been maybe 18 months since I set up one of these.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On 8 Nov 2006 09:01:59 -0800, rickdowd@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > >Printer was working OK, and it will still print Demo Page, alingment
    > >pages OK. But will not print test page via windows or any other
    > >applications, it simply pulls the paper through and then kicks it out.
    > >Tried downloading latest drivers with same results?
    > >
    > >Any help would be appreciated.
    > >
    > >Thanks,

    Well after many different attempts I simple had to dump down the
    drivers to Deskjet 430 and the printer now prints normally.

+ Reply to Thread