dv8000t DVD burning problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on dv8000t DVD burning problems - Hewlett Packard ; FYI: I've had trouble burning to the built-in DVD drive in the dv8000t for months. I was sure it was the drive hardware, and HP support would only help me if I reinstalled the OS from their original image (with ...

  1. dv8000t DVD burning problems

    FYI:

    I've had trouble burning to the built-in DVD drive in the dv8000t for
    months. I was sure it was the drive hardware, and HP support would only
    help me if I reinstalled the OS from their original image (with the all
    the crap-ware). I refused and just gave up on burning with this machine.
    Finally it ocurred to me to try something other than the sonic mydvd 7
    shipped with the notebook. I download a free burner from sweden or
    someplace and the drive works perfectly for burning. There are no
    updates from sonic to fix this, it can't detect the drive even is in the
    system. I also installed roxio ez cd 6 and it didn't see the drive
    either. So try other burning software if you are having problems.

  2. Re: dv8000t DVD burning problems

    Have you tried the HP site for any possible firmware drivers? Or the drive
    mfg them selves.

    "Paul" wrote in message
    > FYI:
    >
    > I've had trouble burning to the built-in DVD drive in the dv8000t for
    > months. I was sure it was the drive hardware, and HP support would only
    > help me if I reinstalled the OS from their original image (with the all
    > the crap-ware). I refused and just gave up on burning with this machine.
    > Finally it ocurred to me to try something other than the sonic mydvd 7
    > shipped with the notebook. I download a free burner from sweden or
    > someplace and the drive works perfectly for burning. There are no updates
    > from sonic to fix this, it can't detect the drive even is in the system. I
    > also installed roxio ez cd 6 and it didn't see the drive either. So try
    > other burning software if you are having problems.

+ Reply to Thread