won't finish booting - states input not allowed - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on won't finish booting - states input not allowed - Hewlett Packard ; I just turned on my machine and it wouldn't finish booting, the desktop started to show and then it came up with an error of "input not allowed". It is a multimedia machine with just the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and ...

  1. won't finish booting - states input not allowed

    I just turned on my machine and it wouldn't finish booting, the desktop
    started to show and then it came up with an error of "input not allowed".
    It is a multimedia machine with just the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and
    network cable attached. Didn't have any trouble with it all day until I
    moved it from one spot to another. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: won't finish booting - states input not allowed

    Anne Thomas wrote:
    > I just turned on my machine and it wouldn't finish booting, the desktop
    > started to show and then it came up with an error of "input not allowed".
    > It is a multimedia machine with just the keyboard, mouse, monitor, and
    > network cable attached. Didn't have any trouble with it all day until I
    > moved it from one spot to another. Any suggestions?

    This appears to be a possible rogue application that is being loaded at
    startup. Try booting to Safe Mode and run a complete virus check,
    either locally, or one of the web checks.