HP Pavillion ZE4200 (4278) - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP Pavillion ZE4200 (4278) - Hewlett Packard ; Hello there I own a three years old HP Pavillion ZE4200 (norwegian model number? = 4278). The computer is about three years old, and well used, but still: Two weeks ago a green, vertical line appeared on my screen. I ...

  1. HP Pavillion ZE4200 (4278)

    Hello there

    I own a three years old HP Pavillion ZE4200 (norwegian model number? =
    4278).

    The computer is about three years old, and well used, but still:

    Two weeks ago a green, vertical line appeared on my screen. I contacted
    HP Support (of course), but they claimed they never have heard of this.
    When i contacted HP, one of my colleagues that sits next to me at work
    asks what kind of HP i owned. I told him, and then he could tell me
    that his friend, which also owns a HP have experienced the EXACT SAME
    problem.

    When i confronted HP with this, they denied to have ever heard of this
    problem earlier. I think they have a policy to
    "not-tell-about-known-bugs-unless-they-have-to".

    Have anyone experienced the same ?

    Besides the problem with the green vertical line that appeared, the
    plastic on the pc has started melting nearby the processor-fan. I am
    going to return my pc for service now, and hope that they fix the
    problem, but i guess these problems is kinda common, and if anyone else
    have experienced the same, i would love to hear from you.

    Best regards, Daniel

  2. Re: HP Pavillion ZE4200 (4278)

    This is called "divide and conquer", a tactic used by all large computer
    companies to keep customers in the dark about the realities of their
    computers... Ben Myers

    On 5 Nov 2006 19:52:19 -0800, "DannyDj" wrote:

    >Hello there
    >
    >I own a three years old HP Pavillion ZE4200 (norwegian model number? =
    >4278).
    >
    >The computer is about three years old, and well used, but still:
    >
    >Two weeks ago a green, vertical line appeared on my screen. I contacted
    >HP Support (of course), but they claimed they never have heard of this.
    >When i contacted HP, one of my colleagues that sits next to me at work
    >asks what kind of HP i owned. I told him, and then he could tell me
    >that his friend, which also owns a HP have experienced the EXACT SAME
    >problem.
    >
    >When i confronted HP with this, they denied to have ever heard of this
    >problem earlier. I think they have a policy to
    >"not-tell-about-known-bugs-unless-they-have-to".
    >
    >Have anyone experienced the same ?
    >
    >Besides the problem with the green vertical line that appeared, the
    >plastic on the pc has started melting nearby the processor-fan. I am
    >going to return my pc for service now, and hope that they fix the
    >problem, but i guess these problems is kinda common, and if anyone else
    >have experienced the same, i would love to hear from you.
    >
    >Best regards, Daniel

+ Reply to Thread