hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output - Hewlett Packard ; I have got a brand new HP Pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 series and have problems with the headphone output. If I plug in a set of stereo speakers or headphones (both working correctly), I just get mono sound. If I move ...

  1. hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output

    I have got a brand new HP Pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 series and have
    problems with the headphone output. If I plug in a set of stereo
    speakers or headphones (both working correctly), I just get mono sound.

    If I move the balance whole to the left or whole to the right speaker,
    both speakers give sound! The built-in speaker works right.
    I have contacted HP by e-mail, and they have told me that this is the
    correct behaviour as external speakers must sperate one channel from
    the other, but it sounds like a cheap apology. I am doing something
    wrong????

  2. Re: hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output

    could it be a spdif output, so with a converter I get 5.1 sound????
    Would it sound mono with analogic speakers????

    admon.sistemas@hotmail.com ha escrito:

    > I have got a brand new HP Pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 series and have
    > problems with the headphone output. If I plug in a set of stereo
    > speakers or headphones (both working correctly), I just get mono sound.
    >
    > If I move the balance whole to the left or whole to the right speaker,
    > both speakers give sound! The built-in speaker works right.
    > I have contacted HP by e-mail, and they have told me that this is the
    > correct behaviour as external speakers must sperate one channel from
    > the other, but it sounds like a cheap apology. I am doing something
    > wrong????

  3. Re: hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output

    What a silly thing! I wasn't pluggin the minijack. I have inserted it
    firmly, and it works well.

    admon.sistemas@hotmail.com ha escrito:

    > could it be a spdif output, so with a converter I get 5.1 sound????
    > Would it sound mono with analogic speakers????
    >
    > admon.sistemas@hotmail.com ha escrito:
    >
    > > I have got a brand new HP Pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 series and have
    > > problems with the headphone output. If I plug in a set of stereo
    > > speakers or headphones (both working correctly), I just get mono sound.
    > >
    > > If I move the balance whole to the left or whole to the right speaker,
    > > both speakers give sound! The built-in speaker works right.
    > > I have contacted HP by e-mail, and they have told me that this is the
    > > correct behaviour as external speakers must sperate one channel from
    > > the other, but it sounds like a cheap apology. I am doing something
    > > wrong????

+ Reply to Thread