7210 driver problems - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on 7210 driver problems - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, The default drivers for the 7210 are causing me various problems. On one machine (connected over the network), the software crashes all the time, while on the other navigating the computer - for example via "My Computer" suddenly takes ...

  1. 7210 driver problems

    Hi,

    The default drivers for the 7210 are causing me various problems. On
    one machine (connected over the network), the software crashes all the
    time, while on the other navigating the computer - for example via "My
    Computer" suddenly takes a VERY long time.

    Why is the software so HUGE and clunky? Is there a cut-down version
    that just prints and/or scans that would be easier for a normal PC to
    use? Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing the amount of
    resources that this machine uses?

    It's crazy, why produce such a good piece of hardware and produce such
    enormous, heavy, clunky and unmanageable software to go with it?

    Joe

  2. Re: 7210 driver problems

    "Joemc" wrote in message
    news:1161703902.391455.325770@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > The default drivers for the 7210 are causing me various problems. On
    > one machine (connected over the network), the software crashes all the
    > time, while on the other navigating the computer - for example via "My
    > Computer" suddenly takes a VERY long time.
    >
    > Why is the software so HUGE and clunky? Is there a cut-down version
    > that just prints and/or scans that would be easier for a normal PC to
    > use? Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing the amount of
    > resources that this machine uses?

    If you are using Win 2K or XP download the basic corporate driver from:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=391153&dlc=en

    For other operating systems check for basic functionality drivers from
    the links at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...os=228&lang=en

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

  3. Re: 7210 driver problems

    Thanks,
    That worked great on an XP machine. However when I downloaded the ME
    software for an ME machine, I kept getting an error:

    Application has generated an exception that cannot be handled.
    Process ID=0xfffe731b, Thread id=0xfff9799f (427617)

    Your help would be appreciated.

    Joe

    Bob Headrick wrote:
    > "Joemc" wrote in message
    > news:1161703902.391455.325770@h48g2000cwc.googlegr oups.com...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > The default drivers for the 7210 are causing me various problems. On
    > > one machine (connected over the network), the software crashes all the
    > > time, while on the other navigating the computer - for example via "My
    > > Computer" suddenly takes a VERY long time.
    > >
    > > Why is the software so HUGE and clunky? Is there a cut-down version
    > > that just prints and/or scans that would be easier for a normal PC to
    > > use? Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing the amount of
    > > resources that this machine uses?

    > If you are using Win 2K or XP download the basic corporate driver from:
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=391153&dlc=en
    >
    > For other operating systems check for basic functionality drivers from
    > the links at:
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...os=228&lang=en
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

  4. Re: 7210 driver problems

    "Joemc" wrote in message
    news:1163175571.551952.112560@b28g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Thanks,
    > That worked great on an XP machine. However when I downloaded the ME
    > software for an ME machine, I kept getting an error:
    >
    > Application has generated an exception that cannot be handled.
    > Process ID=0xfffe731b, Thread id=0xfff9799f (427617)
    >
    > Your help would be appreciated.

    For printing only you could use the DeskJet 6520 driver in Windows ME,
    see
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

    Since you have the printer connected via the network you could scan
    using the built-in web page host. Find the IP address for the 7210,
    then visit its IP address as http://192.168.0.101/ (or whatever the
    real address is....) and then click on the scan button in the built-in
    web server. This is not terribly fast, but it does work.

    Regards,
    Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

+ Reply to Thread