Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset - Hewlett Packard ; Hi, Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a Compaq Proliant ML350 G2? If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6. But still I'm not allowed to make any changes. Maybe ...

  1. Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset

    Hi,

    Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a
    Compaq Proliant ML350 G2?

    If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6.
    But still I'm not allowed to make any changes.

    Maybe there is a default password, but I can't find it/don't know what
    it is.

    Anyone any idea?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset

    could try popping the Motherboard battery out and that should reset any
    passwords, will kill the bios system time, so you'll have to make sure you
    get in and reset that, otherwise Windows will pick at you for having a time
    discrepancy

    otherwise try the typical default passwords:

    password
    1234
    0000
    12345678
    and so on

    wrote in message
    news:1157113959.834660.235510@74g2000cwt.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a
    > Compaq Proliant ML350 G2?
    >
    > If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6.
    > But still I'm not allowed to make any changes.
    >
    > Maybe there is a default password, but I can't find it/don't know what
    > it is.
    >
    > Anyone any idea?
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset

    wrote in message
    news:1157113959.834660.235510@74g2000cwt.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a
    > Compaq Proliant ML350 G2?
    >
    > If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6.
    > But still I'm not allowed to make any changes.
    >
    > Maybe there is a default password, but I can't find it/don't know what
    > it is.
    >
    > Anyone any idea?

    There's an option for invalidating the config (dip switch). That should
    work. Failing that, there should be a switch for by-assing the BIOS
    password.

    If in doubt, call HP and they will real the manual for you and talk you
    through what to do.

  4. Re: Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset

    Or even remove the CMOS battery for an hour or two. This manages to invalidate
    the CMOS and wipe out the password in normal computers. Not sure about Compaq
    servers... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:02:08 +0200, "Jez T"
    wrote:

    > wrote in message
    >news:1157113959.834660.235510@74g2000cwt.googlegro ups.com...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a
    >> Compaq Proliant ML350 G2?
    >>
    >> If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6.
    >> But still I'm not allowed to make any changes.
    >>
    >> Maybe there is a default password, but I can't find it/don't know what
    >> it is.
    >>
    >> Anyone any idea?

    >There's an option for invalidating the config (dip switch). That should
    >work. Failing that, there should be a switch for by-assing the BIOS
    >password.
    >
    >If in doubt, call HP and they will real the manual for you and talk you
    >through what to do.

  5. Re: Proliant ML350 Bios setup password reset

    Thanks guys for your replys

    Popping out the battery worked fine. I managed to get the up and
    running again.

    ehaaksmaster@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone know how I can reset the Bios Setup Utility password on a
    > Compaq Proliant ML350 G2?
    >
    > If tried resetting the password by using the switch, position 6.
    > But still I'm not allowed to make any changes.
    >
    > Maybe there is a default password, but I can't find it/don't know what
    > it is.
    >
    > Anyone any idea?
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread