HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks?? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks?? - Hewlett Packard ; Hi! We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it possible to create those ...

  1. HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    Hi!

    We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    prosess??

    Thanks alot!!!

  2. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    See:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00372703
    On 29 Aug 2006 07:26:30 -0700, "JanGun" wrote:

    -|Hi!
    -|
    -|We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    -|installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    -|think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    -|possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    -|prosess??
    -|
    -|Thanks alot!!!

  3. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    i repeatedly pressed the F11 key when the HP logo appearded and nothing
    happends.
    i have tried almoust everything and i'm loosing the battle.

    Herman D. Knoble kirjoitti:

    > See:
    >
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00372703
    > On 29 Aug 2006 07:26:30 -0700, "JanGun" wrote:
    >
    > -|Hi!
    > -|
    > -|We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    > -|installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    > -|think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    > -|possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    > -|prosess??
    > -|
    > -|Thanks alot!!!

  4. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    JanGun wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    > installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    > think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    > possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    > prosess??
    >
    > Thanks alot!!!

    Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
    partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
    disk set (if they are still available for that model).

  5. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    "Dan" wrote in message
    > JanGun wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    >> installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    >> think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    >> possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    >> prosess??
    >>
    >> Thanks alot!!!
    >>

    > Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
    > partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
    > disk set (if they are still available for that model).

    This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD or
    DVD set.

    Bobby

  6. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:

    > "Dan" wrote in message
    > > JanGun wrote:
    > >> Hi!
    > >>
    > >> We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
    > >> installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
    > >> think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
    > >> possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
    > >> prosess??
    > >>
    > >> Thanks alot!!!
    > >>

    > > Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
    > > partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
    > > disk set (if they are still available for that model).

    > This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    > partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD or
    > DVD set.
    >
    > Bobby

    No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
    come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.

    I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    repair/re-install media.

  7. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    "Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >>
    >> "Dan" wrote in message

    >> > Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
    >> > partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
    >> > disk set (if they are still available for that model).

    >> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    >> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
    >> or
    >> DVD set.
    >>
    >> Bobby

    > No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    > dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    > have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    > (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
    > come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
    >
    > I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    > for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    > repair/re-install media.

    *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
    to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    computer.

    Bobby

  8. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:

    > "Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
    > > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Dan" wrote in message

    > >> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    > >> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
    > >> or
    > >> DVD set.
    > >>
    > >> Bobby

    > > No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    > > dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    > > have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    > > (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
    > > come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
    > >
    > > I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    > > for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    > > repair/re-install media.

    > *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    > There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
    > to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    > computer.

    "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
    "regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
    to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
    clearly shows that's not always the case.

    Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
    have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
    existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
    have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).

    So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
    experience is different than that of other people.

  9. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation." Who requires this?
    Micro$oft? Was legislation passed by Congress? Please be more specific, and
    also quote your sources for this information, rather than simply responding in
    generalities... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:25:30 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

    >"Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
    >> NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Dan" wrote in message

    >>> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
    >>> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
    >>> or
    >>> DVD set.
    >>>
    >>> Bobby

    >> No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    >> dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    >> have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    >> (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
    >> come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
    >>
    >> I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    >> for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    >> repair/re-install media.

    >*EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    >There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
    >to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    >computer.
    >

    >Bobby

  10. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    >>
    >> "Frank Slootweg" wrote in message

    >> > No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
    >> > dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
    >> > have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
    >> > (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current*
    >> > models
    >> > come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install
    >> > media.
    >> >
    >> > I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
    >> > for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
    >> > repair/re-install media.

    >> *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    >> There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the
    >> user
    >> to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    >> computer.

    > "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
    > "regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
    > to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
    > clearly shows that's not always the case.
    >
    > Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
    > have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
    > existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
    > have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).
    >
    > So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
    > experience is different than that of other people.

    Your wife's dv42005 comes with the partition (10GB) and the utility to
    create the set of CDs from it.

    The FTC mandated that all computers sold at consumer retail products within
    the US have the capability to restore the computer, either as a set of discs
    or as a restore partition.

    HP does partitions, on all models sold within the U.S. If you do not
    believe me, email them.

    Bobby

  11. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    NoNoBadDog! wrote:

    > "Frank Slootweg" wrote in message
    > > NoNoBadDog! wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "Frank Slootweg" wrote in message

    > >> *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
    > >> There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the
    > >> user
    > >> to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
    > >> computer.

    > > "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
    > > "regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
    > > to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
    > > clearly shows that's not always the case.
    > >
    > > Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
    > > have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
    > > existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
    > > have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).
    > >
    > > So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
    > > experience is different than that of other people.

    > Your wife's dv42005 comes with the partition (10GB) and the utility to
    > create the set of CDs from it.
    >
    > The FTC mandated that all computers sold at consumer retail products within
    > the US have the capability to restore the computer, either as a set of discs
    > or as a restore partition.
    >
    > HP does partitions, on all models sold within the U.S. If you do not
    > believe me, email them.
    >
    > Bobby

    Sigh!

    World != the US.

    If you had bothered to check (or just read your own attribution), you
    would have seen that I do not live in - well, at least not post from -
    the US.

    As I said several times, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does
    *not* have a recovery partition and *never had* one (but does have
    repair/re-install media). So what you say is applicable in the US, isn't
    applicable world-wide.

    Having said that, the OP said "hp pavillion 5247eu laptop", note "eu",
    and lives in Finland, so your US-centric information might, and probably
    does, not apply. QED.

  12. Re: HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

    Problem solved!!!
    I just made recovery disk set from identical computer and it worked. No
    i have laptop installed and running. And thanks to all!!!!

+ Reply to Thread