HP 6P Not printing text - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP 6P Not printing text - Hewlett Packard ; Greetings I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network, with windows XP workstations. Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it deletes in the queue, printing without text. Anyone else ...

  1. HP 6P Not printing text

    Greetings

    I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    with windows XP workstations.
    Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?

    Regards

  2. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    The cause can be everything from incorrect drivers to a hardware problem. Does
    anything at all appear on a printed page? ... Ben Myers

    On 27 Aug 2006 06:21:43 -0700, ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Greetings
    >
    >I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    >with windows XP workstations.
    >Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    >deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    >Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?
    >
    >Regards

  3. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    >Greetings
    >
    >I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    >with windows XP workstations.
    >Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    >deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    >Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?
    >
    >Regards

    Does the internal printer test page work (push the button on the printer)?
    Tony

  4. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    Greetings

    Thank you for your responses. I tried printing a tests page and no
    text. The paper comes out blank with black smudges on the side.

    Cheers

    Tony wrote:
    > ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    > >Greetings
    > >
    > >I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    > >with windows XP workstations.
    > >Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    > >deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    > >Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?
    > >
    > >Regards

    > Does the internal printer test page work (push the button on the printer)?
    > Tony

  5. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    Failure to print a test page indicates something very serious with the 6P
    hardware. Possibly something inside has become disconnected? Beyond this, I
    cannot help much... Ben Myers

    On 29 Aug 2006 06:18:46 -0700, ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:

    >Greetings
    >
    >Thank you for your responses. I tried printing a tests page and no
    >text. The paper comes out blank with black smudges on the side.
    >
    >Cheers
    >

    >Tony wrote:
    >> ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> >Greetings
    >> >
    >> >I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    >> >with windows XP workstations.
    >> >Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    >> >deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    >> >Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?
    >> >
    >> >Regards

    >> Does the internal printer test page work (push the button on the printer)?
    >> Tony

  6. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    >Greetings
    >
    >Thank you for your responses. I tried printing a tests page and no
    >text. The paper comes out blank with black smudges on the side.
    >
    >Cheers
    >

    >Tony wrote:
    >> ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    >> >Greetings
    >> >
    >> >I have a Hewlett Packard Laserjet 6P printer on a windows 2000 network,
    >> >with windows XP workstations.
    >> >Everytime I print a document to the printer it starts printing and it
    >> >deletes in the queue, printing without text.
    >> >Anyone else had this problem? What causes it? How can I solve it?
    >> >
    >> >Regards

    >> Does the internal printer test page work (push the button on the printer)?
    >> Tony

    Sorry, it looks like your printer has had a major failure.
    It is not worth repairing, much cheaper to buy a good second hand printer.
    Tony

  7. Re: HP 6P Not printing text

    Yes. The LaserJet 6p is a low-end printer, anyway. In perfect order it is
    worth no more than $40 to $50 at best, given that junk laser printers are
    selling in mass market outlets for as little as $99.

    If the OP is in eastern Massachusetts, I have LaserJet 5M and 4000-series
    LaserJets available at very reasonable prices. Yes, these are older printers.
    Yes, they are RELIABLE, designed to print thousands of pages per month. Yes,
    they have PostScript SIMMs, guaranteed to be trouble-free for use with Macs and
    Linux, too. These are removals from a company which spent the bucks on new
    printers. They are cleaned, reconditioned, and tested... Ben Myers

    On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:52:25 -0500, Tony wrote:

    >ras_bunganya@hotmail.com wrote:
    >>Greetings
    >>
    >>Thank you for your responses. I tried printing a tests page and no
    >>text. The paper comes out blank with black smudges on the side.
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>

    >>Tony wrote:

    >>> Does the internal printer test page work (push the button on the printer)?
    >>> Tony

    >Sorry, it looks like your printer has had a major failure.
    >It is not worth repairing, much cheaper to buy a good second hand printer.
    >Tony

+ Reply to Thread