Help: Adding Hard Drive To HP 7955 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Help: Adding Hard Drive To HP 7955 - Hewlett Packard ; I picked up an HP 7955 that has no hard drive. I just opened up the case to put one in, and can't figure out how there ever was enough room inside for the original one. It's got a CD ...

  1. Help: Adding Hard Drive To HP 7955

    I picked up an HP 7955 that has no hard drive.

    I just opened up the case to put one in, and can't figure out how there
    ever was enough room inside for the original one.

    It's got a CD writer and DVD -rom drive, as well as a floppy, but there
    isn't room for anything else, except in the encasement just below and
    above the floppy drive. And those spaces are too small.

    Is there something I'm missing?

    Thanks.

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.

  2. Re: Help: Adding Hard Drive To HP 7955

    Searcher7@mail.con2.com wrote:
    > I picked up an HP 7955 that has no hard drive.
    >
    > I just opened up the case to put one in, and can't figure out how there
    > ever was enough room inside for the original one.
    >
    > It's got a CD writer and DVD -rom drive, as well as a floppy, but there
    > isn't room for anything else, except in the encasement just below and
    > above the floppy drive. And those spaces are too small.
    >
    > Is there something I'm missing?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Darren Harris
    > Staten Island, New York.

    That is exactly where the hard drive(s) go, above and below the floppy
    drive. I know that to be true because I writing this email on a 7955 to
    which I have added an additional hard drive. The drive cage is removable
    by pressing in and down on the silver tab at the top center of the drive
    cage and then rotating the back end of the cage out of the case. The
    hard drive slides in flat with the IDE and power connections on the same
    end of he cage as the connections for the floppy.

  3. Re: Help: Adding Hard Drive To HP 7955

    Thanks a lot.

    It's a tight fit, so I have to debate putting two hard drives into the
    case(on both sides of the floppy).

    Darren Harris
    Staten Island, New York.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **
    Dan wrote:
    > Searcher7@mail.con2.com wrote:
    > > I picked up an HP 7955 that has no hard drive.
    > >
    > > I just opened up the case to put one in, and can't figure out how there
    > > ever was enough room inside for the original one.
    > >
    > > It's got a CD writer and DVD -rom drive, as well as a floppy, but there
    > > isn't room for anything else, except in the encasement just below and
    > > above the floppy drive. And those spaces are too small.
    > >
    > > Is there something I'm missing?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Darren Harris
    > > Staten Island, New York.
    > >

    > That is exactly where the hard drive(s) go, above and below the floppy
    > drive. I know that to be true because I writing this email on a 7955 to
    > which I have added an additional hard drive. The drive cage is removable
    > by pressing in and down on the silver tab at the top center of the drive
    > cage and then rotating the back end of the cage out of the case. The
    > hard drive slides in flat with the IDE and power connections on the same
    > end of he cage as the connections for the floppy.

+ Reply to Thread