zd7000 has charge battery but unplugging shuts off - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on zd7000 has charge battery but unplugging shuts off - Hewlett Packard ; I have been having very odd problems with my zd7010us pavillion 17" notebook. 1. Occasionally the wireless button needs to be pressed for up to 10 seconds at a time several times to activate the wireless. 2. The fans start ...

  1. zd7000 has charge battery but unplugging shuts off

    I have been having very odd problems with my zd7010us pavillion 17"
    notebook.

    1. Occasionally the wireless button needs to be pressed for up to 10
    seconds at a time several times to activate the wireless.
    2. The fans start to run high when MS Word 2003 is open and then the
    computer just shuts off hard.
    3 The most irritating thing is sometimes my battery will be 90-100% charged
    however if I unplug the unit, it does not kick into the battery and just
    dies. When that happens I have to press the power button on for several
    seconds several times before it ever considers turning on. Some times the
    only way to get the unit back on is to plug in the power cord again. But if
    I unplug the notebook again right away, the battery may or may not kick in
    that time.

  2. Re: zd7000 has charge battery but unplugging shuts off

    news.lightship.net wrote:

    > I have been having very odd problems with my zd7010us pavillion 17"
    > notebook.
    >
    > 1. Occasionally the wireless button needs to be pressed for up to 10
    > seconds at a time several times to activate the wireless.
    > 2. The fans start to run high when MS Word 2003 is open and then the
    > computer just shuts off hard.
    > 3 The most irritating thing is sometimes my battery will be 90-100% charged
    > however if I unplug the unit, it does not kick into the battery and just
    > dies. When that happens I have to press the power button on for several
    > seconds several times before it ever considers turning on. Some times the
    > only way to get the unit back on is to plug in the power cord again. But if
    > I unplug the notebook again right away, the battery may or may not kick in
    > that time.

    I don't have a solution to your problem but I do recommend to have a look here:
    www.zd7000forums.com
    There seem to be quite a number of people with problematic ZD7000's. Maybe there
    are other people with the same problem overthere. By the way, it looks like a
    motherboard issue. On the website I mentioned you will find out there are many
    people with mobo issues. I even heard HP ran out of this type of mobo. If you
    still have warranty, send it in and ask for a ZD8000 replacement. Good luck!

    Marc
    --
    MarineYacht Yacht Charters
    http://www.marineyacht.com

  3. Re: zd7000 has charge battery but unplugging shuts off

    Sounds like a supply line issue and these are well noted.. Pull the
    battery, Plug in the adapter and power on. If it does power up go to
    BIOS/F-10 and slightly rotate the adapter plug to see if it powers
    off. If so yell back.. HP's in crap for these and I'll explain why
    later..

+ Reply to Thread