Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938 - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938 - Hewlett Packard ; Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion xt938? My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Henk...

  1. Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion xt938?
    My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Henk

  2. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    What OS are you running? If you're running Windows XP, you nee
    Service Pack 1 for it to recognize more than 137Gb or so. Check tha
    first, its a lot easier to install SP1 than a new BIOS

  3. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    Have you tried:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/...isplay=drivers

    "news-server.twcny.rr.com" wrote in message
    > Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion
    > xt938? My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive
    > (250Gb). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Henk

  4. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    In news:vcQMf.29966$Zl1.12964@twister.nyroc.rr.com,
    news-server.twcny.rr.com replied with a ;-)
    > Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion
    > xt938? My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard
    > drive (250Gb). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > Henk

    Are you sure it is an xt 938? I don't see a 938 listed. There is a 936, 948
    http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...ion+xt&x=8&y=4

    Shortened url.
    http://tinyurl.com/qlvms

    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

  5. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    Yes it is definitely a Pavilion xt938. I've also been having trouble
    finding it on HP's site, that's why I've come here.

    Thanks for trying though.

    Hnek

    "Michael Stevens" wrote in message
    > In news:vcQMf.29966$Zl1.12964@twister.nyroc.rr.com,
    > news-server.twcny.rr.com replied with a ;-)
    >> Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion
    >> xt938? My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard
    >> drive (250Gb). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >> Henk

    > Are you sure it is an xt 938? I don't see a 938 listed. There is a 936,
    > 948
    > http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...ion+xt&x=8&y=4
    >
    > Shortened url.
    > http://tinyurl.com/qlvms
    >
    > --
    > Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    > xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
    > For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
    > http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

  6. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    I have SP1 and SP2 installed so that's not it. I'm pretty sure I have it
    narrowed down to the BIOS.
    Thanks for hte help

    Henk

    "xubomber" wrote in message
    news:ToRMf.218904$AL5.89697@fe01.news.easynews.com ...
    > What OS are you running? If you're running Windows XP, you need
    > Service Pack 1 for it to recognize more than 137Gb or so. Check that
    > first, its a lot easier to install SP1 than a new BIOS.

  7. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    Your Pavilion xt 938 is a Canadian offering. So do a driver/software search at:
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/ca/en/...isplay=drivers
    and you will find it.

    Skip

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 04:20:43 GMT, "news-server.twcny.rr.com" wrote:

    -|Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion xt938?
    -|My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb).
    -|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -|Henk
    -|

  8. Re: Updated BIOS for Pavilion xt938

    In particular, for the BIOS info see:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00007682

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 04:20:43 GMT, "news-server.twcny.rr.com" wrote:

    -|Does anyone know where I can get an updated BIOS for the HP Pavilion xt938?
    -|My current BIOS only recognizes about 135Gb of my new hard drive (250Gb).
    -|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -|Henk
    -|

+ Reply to Thread