Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram - Hewlett Packard ; "Folkert Rienstra" wrote: >Wow, almost two weeks to come up with such a lousy >excuse and obvious lie. You are indeed a douche bag. Yeah, right -- like only a "douche bag" would ask for jumpering information on a drive ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram

    "Folkert Rienstra" wrote:

    >Wow, almost two weeks to come up with such a lousy
    >excuse and obvious lie. You are indeed a douche bag.

    Yeah, right -- like only a
    "douche bag" would ask for
    jumpering information on a
    drive undocumented at the
    website(s) of the company
    that sold it.

    >"Bruce Morgen" wrote in message news:707c02hq5vqtchg2meiooimp03552grqq2@4ax.com
    >>
    >> I wanted to know beforehand but it turns out I had to
    >> open the box anyway

    >Like you wouldn't have to do that to look up the info on
    >the label or to swap a jumper.
    >
    >> (to swap out a CD-R),

    >> and some jumper information was on the label,

    >So much for:
    >"I've had no luck finding such information on this drive"

    There wasn't enough reason
    to open the box and find
    out -- the system was
    working, I just wanted to
    speed the boot-up time.
    If I had the jumpering
    information beforehand,
    then I would know that I
    wasn't wasting my time.
    When the CD-R died, I had
    to open the box anyway --
    so my reason for wanting
    the information in advance
    was moot.

    >> but with no indication of what the sense of that jumper was.

    >Yes obviously there are 4 different ways to set it and 9 to remove.

    Whatever -- before I
    opened the box, I had no
    idea if the drive had
    enough labeling to even
    locate the right jumper.

    >> However, since the drive wasn't spinning up and a jumper was in
    >> place, the obvious solution was to remove it, which worked fine.

    >No, really?
    >
    >> Problem solved, thanks for the help and the mockery,

    >> it's all grist for the mill.

    >Yup, other words for troll bait.

    Why the **** would I bother
    trolling? I've been on
    Usenet for over decade and
    have never had any such
    tendency. You're not only
    a sumbitch, you're
    delusional!

    >> "NuTCrAcKeR" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Bruce, if yours has the same label on the top as the one in the picture,
    >> > then you have your jumpering diagram you have been asking for. its printed
    >> > right on the label.
    >> >
    >> > im starting to think yer a douche bag ...
    >> >
    >> > - LC

  2. Re: Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram

    On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:55:39 -0500, Bruce Morgen
    wrote:

    >"Folkert Rienstra" wrote:
    >
    >>Yup, other words for troll bait.
    >>

    >Why the **** would I bother
    >trolling?

    Sadly Folkert was right, because the troll Folkert answered in his
    usual style of insult everyone.

    Folkert still is maintaining his incredible 10 to 1 noise ratio--for
    every 9 Folkert posts, there will be one with a bit of information.

  3. Re: Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram

    In message <5otd02tpaj7so93e0hkim5dd3ms0comeln@4ax.com>, PeterD
    writes
    >On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:55:39 -0500, Bruce Morgen
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Folkert Rienstra" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yup, other words for troll bait.
    >>>

    >>Why the **** would I bother
    >>trolling?

    >Sadly Folkert was right, because the troll Folkert answered in his
    >usual style of insult everyone.
    >
    >Folkert still is maintaining his incredible 10 to 1 noise ratio--for
    >every 9 Folkert posts, there will be one with a bit of information.

    Unfortunately, that one post is quite likely to prove useful, so even
    though he is an arsehole I can't just killfile him (much as I would like
    to).

    --
    Jeremy Boden

  4. Re: Compaq BD01874554 (HP) disk drive jumpering diagram

    Jeremy Boden wrote:

    >In message <5otd02tpaj7so93e0hkim5dd3ms0comeln@4ax.com>, PeterD
    > writes
    >>On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:55:39 -0500, Bruce Morgen
    >>wrote:

    >>>Why the **** would I bother
    >>>trolling?

    >>Sadly Folkert was right, because the troll Folkert answered in his
    >>usual style of insult everyone.
    >>
    >>Folkert still is maintaining his incredible 10 to 1 noise ratio--for
    >>every 9 Folkert posts, there will be one with a bit of information.

    >Unfortunately, that one post is quite likely to prove useful, so even
    >though he is an arsehole I can't just killfile him (much as I would like
    >to).

    Yup -- sadly, nature allows
    even grumpy old Dutchies to
    be knowledgeable, and