HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers - Hewlett Packard ; My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get ...

  1. HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the
    unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me
    that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get a straight
    answer from HP and Oak Tech wont even talk to end users.

    Does anyone know of updated drivers that will work?

    Thanks is advance

  2. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    Joseph Ferraro wrote:
    > My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the
    > unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me
    > that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get a straight
    > answer from HP and Oak Tech wont even talk to end users.
    >
    > Does anyone know of updated drivers that will work?
    >
    > Thanks is advance

    the only drivers i found on the HP site :
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=ob-31831-1
    good luck
    -David.

  3. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    CDR/DVD-RW burners do not have use any drivers down at the operating system
    level. None. None at all! It is the burning software that allows them to
    burn.

    The problem lies almost entirely with Roxio software. The one teeny, teeny timy
    exception might be the need to install a newer ASPI driver, which is used by
    some CD burning software to emulate the SCSI commands on which ATAPI CD/DVD
    burning is based.

    See if Roxio has an update to the OEM(?) version shipped with your computer by
    HP... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:36 -0500, "Joseph Ferraro"
    wrote:

    >My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the
    >unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me
    >that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get a straight
    >answer from HP and Oak Tech wont even talk to end users.
    >
    >Does anyone know of updated drivers that will work?
    >
    >Thanks is advance

  4. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > CDR/DVD-RW burners do not have use any drivers down at the operating system
    > level. None. None at all! It is the burning software that allows them to
    > burn.
    >
    > The problem lies almost entirely with Roxio software. The one teeny, teeny timy
    > exception might be the need to install a newer ASPI driver, which is used by
    > some CD burning software to emulate the SCSI commands on which ATAPI CD/DVD
    > burning is based.
    >
    > See if Roxio has an update to the OEM(?) version shipped with your computer by
    > HP... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:36 -0500, "Joseph Ferraro"
    > wrote:
    >

    >>My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the
    >>unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me
    >>that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get a straight
    >>answer from HP and Oak Tech wont even talk to end users.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know of updated drivers that will work?
    >>
    >>Thanks is advance

    they're labelled as "firmware" on the HP site
    so perhaps the user should try installing that first..

  5. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    Firmware is a horse of another color, not to be confused with drivers.

    .... Ben Myers

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:36:36 GMT, David Fairbrother
    wrote:

    >Ben Myers wrote:
    >> CDR/DVD-RW burners do not have use any drivers down at the operating system
    >> level. None. None at all! It is the burning software that allows them to
    >> burn.
    >>
    >> The problem lies almost entirely with Roxio software. The one teeny, teeny timy
    >> exception might be the need to install a newer ASPI driver, which is used by
    >> some CD burning software to emulate the SCSI commands on which ATAPI CD/DVD
    >> burning is based.
    >>
    >> See if Roxio has an update to the OEM(?) version shipped with your computer by
    >> HP... Ben Myers
    >>
    >> On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:49:36 -0500, "Joseph Ferraro"
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>My HP zd8000 has an Oak Tech CDR-DVD burner, the drivers shipped with the
    >>>unit do not support Roxio's drag and drop function; Roxio support tells me
    >>>that the problem is the drivers. I have not been able to get a straight
    >>>answer from HP and Oak Tech wont even talk to end users.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know of updated drivers that will work?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks is advance
    >>>

    >they're labelled as "firmware" on the HP site
    >so perhaps the user should try installing that first..

  6. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    Ben Myers wrote:
    > Firmware is a horse of another color, not to be confused with drivers.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers
    >
    > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:36:36 GMT, David Fairbrother
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Ben Myers wrote:
    >>
    >>> CDR/DVD-RW burners do not have use any drivers down at the operating system
    >>>level. None. None at all! It is the burning software that allows them to
    >>>burn.
    >>>
    >>>The problem lies almost entirely with Roxio software. The one teeny, teeny timy
    >>>exception might be the need to install a newer ASPI driver, which is used by
    >>>some CD burning software to emulate the SCSI commands on which ATAPI CD/DVD
    >>>burning is based.
    >>>
    >>>See if Roxio has an update to the OEM(?) version shipped with your computer by
    >>>HP... Ben Myers

    >>they're labelled as "firmware" on the HP site
    >>so perhaps the user should try installing that first..

    yum. horse.
    oh well..

  7. Re: HP zd8000 Oak technologies CDR drivers

    "David Fairbrother" wrote in message
    > Ben Myers wrote:
    > > Firmware is a horse of another color, not to be confused with drivers.
    > >
    > > ... Ben Myers
    > >
    > > On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:36:36 GMT, David Fairbrother

    > > wrote:

    system

    them to

    teeny timy

    used by

    CD/DVD

    computer by

    the

    tells me

    straight

    > >>they're labelled as "firmware" on the HP site
    > >>so perhaps the user should try installing that first..

    > yum. horse.
    > oh well..

    I've seen similar situations with other burning software not recognizing a
    particular CDR drive.
    The solution has always been to chek the Software site for patches.

+ Reply to Thread