RX2600 disk led red light?! - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on RX2600 disk led red light?! - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, A new rx2600 server, with 2 root disk which made as mirror root disk. I haven't install any application on it. But one disk LED light turns RED today, I use "dd" command to read/write this disk, but no ...

  1. RX2600 disk led red light?!

    Hello,
    A new rx2600 server, with 2 root disk which made as mirror root
    disk. I haven't install any application on it.
    But one disk LED light turns RED today, I use "dd" command to
    read/write this disk, but no errors report. Then I check error-log from
    MP, but nothing reported.
    Finally, I reboot the system and read syslog, still nothing
    reported. What happened? Should I report this error to HP support?
    Thanks.

  2. Re: RX2600 disk led red light?!

    Hello !

    Rocktor wrote:
    > A new rx2600 server, with 2 root disk which made as mirror root
    > disk. I haven't install any application on it.
    > But one disk LED light turns RED today, I use "dd" command to
    > read/write this disk, but no errors report. Then I check error-log from
    > MP, but nothing reported.
    > Finally, I reboot the system and read syslog, still nothing
    > reported. What happened? Should I report this error to HP support?

    So far I know, has the rx2600 the same chasis like the rp34x0.
    The rp34x0 has some problems with the LED connector on the disk shelv.
    If you have the same problem, your disk signals as bad, but the disk is
    still ok. There was only a little mechanic modification on the diskshelv
    LED connectors needed, but it depends on the diskshelv and chasis.

    Regards

    Lars

  3. Re: RX2600 disk led red light?!

    Thank you. Can u tell me the details of mechanic modificatioin ?

  4. Re: RX2600 disk led red light?!

    Hello !

    Rocktor wrote:
    > Thank you. Can u tell me the details of mechanic modificatioin ?

    The modifications differs. There are several fixes in the drive bay and
    or the drive needed.
    It recommend you to open a call at HP.

    Regards

    Lars

  5. Re: RX2600 disk led red light?!

    In article <1139721558.018679.288100@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>, "Rocktor" writes:
    :... A new rx2600 server ...
    :... But one disk LED light turns RED today ...
    :... Should I report this error to HP support? ...

    Yes, you may well want to follow that course and notify your HP
    support contact -- this could be a problem with an indicator LED,
    or it could also point to a hardware problem with the system or
    the storage device.

    I'm assuming you are indicating a fault light on the drive itself,
    and not the system fault light. If it's the system fault light,
    that can activate -- yellow or read -- because of various things
    logged into the system event log, or (obviously) due to system
    errors.

    A brute-force way to clear the system event log (and the light)
    -- if that is the light here -- is the clearlogs SEL command, at
    the Shell prompt. This erases the entire contents of the logs,
    and can and will cause potentially important error information
    -- if any happens to have been logged in the SEL -- to be erased.

    For additional, please see the OpenVMS FAQ -- www.hp.com/go/openvms/faq
    Hoff (Stephen) Hoffman OpenVMS Engineering hoff[\0100]hp.com

+ Reply to Thread