Netserver LPr and Wake-up on LAN (WOL, RWU)? - Hewlett Packard

This is a discussion on Netserver LPr and Wake-up on LAN (WOL, RWU)? - Hewlett Packard ; Hello, does anyone know whether the LPr can be woken up remotely? I don't see any onboard connectors labeled RWU or WOL. Other devices from that time (even those from HP, such as the Vectra VLi8) already have remote wake-up ...

  1. Netserver LPr and Wake-up on LAN (WOL, RWU)?

    Hello,

    does anyone know whether the LPr can be woken up remotely? I don't see any
    onboard connectors labeled RWU or WOL. Other devices from that time (even
    those from HP, such as the Vectra VLi8) already have remote wake-up
    capabilities, so I wonder.

    TIA

    I'm not suppsed to be here, sir. I'm.....supposed to be dead! -
    Tasha Yar, "Star Trek: The Next Generation, (Yesterday's
    Enterprise)"

  2. Re: Netserver LPr and Wake-up on LAN (WOL, RWU)?

    Christian Dürrhauer schrieb:

    > does anyone know whether the LPr can be woken up remotely? I don't see any
    > onboard connectors labeled RWU or WOL. Other devices from that time (even
    > those from HP, such as the Vectra VLi8) already have remote wake-up
    > capabilities, so I wonder.

    Nope, IIRC the LPr doesn't have WOL. Probably because it's quite useless
    on a server that usually runs 24hrs/day ;-)

    Honestly, I can't remember to have seen WOL on any server from HP or Dell...

    Benjamin

  3. Re: Netserver LPr and Wake-up on LAN (WOL, RWU)?

    On the seventh day, Benjamin Gawert wrote...

    > Christian Dürrhauer schrieb:
    >
    >> does anyone know whether the LPr can be woken up remotely? I don't see any
    >> onboard connectors labeled RWU or WOL. Other devices from that time (even
    >> those from HP, such as the Vectra VLi8) already have remote wake-up
    >> capabilities, so I wonder.

    > Nope, IIRC the LPr doesn't have WOL. Probably because it's quite useless
    > on a server that usually runs 24hrs/day ;-)

    OK, Benjamin, thank you. I feared that may be the case :-(

    > Honestly, I can't remember to have seen WOL on any server from HP or Dell...

    since PCI2.2 it shouldn't matter to have a RWU connector.

    I'm not suppsed to be here, sir. I'm.....supposed to be dead! -
    Tasha Yar, "Star Trek: The Next Generation, (Yesterday's
    Enterprise)"

+ Reply to Thread